Help purchasing a jon boat!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basspro91

Reaction score
I have just started looking at purchasing a jon boat and im not sure on what to get. I already have a 15hp Johnson an I would like to do the modification where you add the deck to the front of the boat once i get it. what size and type of jon boat should i get? im not looking to spend to much money (hope to find one used for around 500) and i would be using the boat for bass fishing in the lake behind my house and i would also use it for red fishing in the intercoastal. help please?!

basspro91 said:
I have just started looking at purchasing a jon boat and im not sure on what to get. I already have a 15hp Johnson an I would like to do the modification where you add the deck to the front of the boat once i get it. what size and type of jon boat should i get? im not looking to spend to much money (hope to find one used for around 500) and i would be using the boat for bass fishing in the lake behind my house and i would also use it for red fishing in the intercoastal. help please?!

Where are you located? I am sure craigslist is a good place to start. 14-16 foot boats are always better for stability, 16 being the better of the two.

You'll want to find a boat with a 40 inch or wider floor to deck.36 inch and narrower can be tippy when decked.My first choice would be a 1448 Tracker or Alumacraft.

Latest posts