HIN question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradjk

Reaction score
I have a 10' Jon and I am planning on registering it but I have no idea what the year of it is. The only information plate I can find on the boat is on the bow and this is how it reads....

E1644
SS10

Can anyone help me decipher this? I know most HIN numbers are 12 digit but this is only 9 digit. NY is very particular when it comes to registering things. If I can find out what year the boat was made I may not need a HIN number as NY only requires a HIN for 1972 and up. Any help would be much appreciated.

:WELCOME:

Have your titling agency run the numbers you provided.If it was manufactured after a certain year,there should be two HINs.One will be hidden somewhere on the boat.It maybe under the wood transom.I've seen that on some boats.A picture would help to nail down the manufacture and possibly the year.

ben2go said:
:WELCOME:

Have your titling agency run the numbers you provided.If it was manufactured after a certain year,there should be two HINs.One will be hidden somewhere on the boat.It maybe under the wood transom.I've seen that on some boats.A picture would help to nail down the manufacture and possibly the year.

Thanks for the welcome. I will try and get a pic up so maybe someone can identify it. There is definitely no other number on it though. I had pulled the wood transom looking for the 12 digit number and could not find it behind there either. I looked all over the hull inside and out and still no luck. Just the one plate on the bow with the numbers I posted. I guess this is what I get for buying a boat from an old farmer with no paperwork on the thing. I should have known better...something tells me I may never be able to register this thing. :(

It may be impossible,but don't give up until you run out of options.If it was on the transom it could have fallen off.Mine did on my boat,plus it was sun bleached.

Here is a pic of the only plate/numbers on the boat. For anyone who can help me identify the boat it was not green and black previously when I got it. I started to paint it. It was just an aluminum finish.
DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0549.jpg

Latest posts