20 Foot 2066 Ouachita Jon Boat Project Trailer stretch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rawdawg

Reaction score
Well I "stretched " the trailer last weekend and it looks good.
Here are the before and after "s-t-r-e-t-c-h-" pictures..Whatdaya think ?
Yeah, I cut the other tongue all the way out of the crossbraces and tied this one back in to make it as strong and clean as I could......... I know, the previous splice/repair was already on it when I got it.......But hey... the extension was only $20, so I couldnt be too picky.. Of course I had my best friend help me with the welding and cutting, no fun to do it alone!

also..I hung the 1982 35 HP Electric start Johnson on it today.
Need to figure wiring out cause I got this motor exactly as it is and just have the big black cable about 8 feet long with 7 conductors inside it and a bare ground wire. I jsut want to test fire it, but dont want to "fry" anything, so I will be patient til I get a diagram.
Im sure the red w purple stripe is 12+.....Black w yellow is 12-......then I got yellow w red stripe.....purple w white stripe..........Purple...........grey........pink........and a bare ground wire, all inside the 8' black harness. Of course I wouldn't mine help on that, so chime in if you can !
I can easily move the axle/fenders around, due to the fact that they are single bolted unit and not rusted up, :p but I will wait til I figure out what Im gonna do next. :roll:
UPDATE... I sold it for $900 with trailer, just as its shown. Just tooo long, I like my 14' tooo much..

Attachments

• CIMG2083.JPG
    CIMG2083.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 533
  • CIMG2074-2.JPG
    CIMG2074-2.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 532
  • CIMG2081.JPG
    CIMG2081.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 528
  • CIMG2085.JPG
    CIMG2085.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 527
That thar is the biggest Jon boat Id ever dun seen!!! Trailer looks great, much nicer without the hole backend hanging off. Great job! =D>

CBGale2 said:
That thar is the biggest Jon boat Id ever dun seen!!! Trailer looks great, much nicer without the hole backend hanging off. Great job! =D>

There's a guy on here that hand built a 24 foot flat bottom jon.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6716&start=0&hilit=hand+built

Latest posts