floor level pedestal seat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rancocasrich

Reaction score
My 14' Lund is rigged for 3 pedestal seats. When my wife accompanies me, she doesn't want to sit in a pedestal seat so I take one seat out and put a beach chair on the floor. This set-up is not as stable as it could be. Are there pedestals that are super-low so I can have my wife sitting securely at or near floor-level? Thanks

rancocasrich said:
Are there pedestals that are super-low so I can have my wife sitting securely at or near floor-level? Thanks

Walmart sells a short one, but I didn't see it on their website, but it would seem to be an uncomfortable ride sitting that low.

Why does she not want to sit in the pedestal seat?

Brine, Thanks for the speedy reply. My wife reads when I fish and will occasionally take photos etc.. If they are really biting, she may pick up a rod. (My wife is the type that when we travel she makes me stop at any Cabelas or Bass Pro and buy gear!) I would like her to be secure and comfy in the boat. I may just stick with the beach chair.

I see.

Sounds like she needs a captains chair with arm rests. Somedays I wish my seat had arm rests too. Rather than spending that money tho, how bout putting up a pic of the boat with the lawn chair and let's see if some of us can come up with a good way to secure it or maybe another option.

Good Luck!

Brine, That sounds like an entertaining post. I do have a photo of the boat floor but right now I have removed the floor to do a total redo on floor and carpeting. I could send a photo of the floor but not with beach chair. I'll have to think how I can do that....maybe seperate photos of floor and chair.

What type of pedestal's do you have? I have the pin style where the seat mount has a pin that fits down into the top of the pedestal and the pedestal has a pin that fits down into a base mount bolted to the bench (or casting deck). On my back seat I can just remove the pedestal and the seat will fit into the base mount.

If it will make more sense when I get home today I can take a picture of seat in both positions.

poolie said:
What type of pedestal's do you have? I have the pin style where the seat mount has a pin that fits down into the top of the pedestal and the pedestal has a pin that fits down into a base mount bolted to the bench (or casting deck). On my back seat I can just remove the pedestal and the seat will fit into the base mount.

If it will make more sense when I get home today I can take a picture of seat in both positions.

I basically have the same set up. My middle seat is sat in only when we are running so I took the pedestal out and the seet sits a couple inches up.

Attachments

• seat%20mount%20tb002.jpg
    seat%20mount%20tb002.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 536
  • laws%20boat%20tb1.jpg
    laws%20boat%20tb1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 537
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but this is exactly what I want to do...be able to just remove the seat from the pedestal and drop it into a base without a pedestal. I'd like to add a couple of bases to the rear bench and just drop the fishing seats into those when traveling from one spot to the next. I live off the beaten path, and there's just no place close-by that I can go and look at this stuff to see what-fits-what, so any help with brands / models would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/lock-n-pin/pedestal-packages

The pin series lets you do this. you can use the seat mount in the floor base, or a various riser posts of different length as you want.

Latest posts