TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basspro91

Reaction score
Can i build the platform deck modification on the front of a 1436? or would it tip over easily?

I wouldn't suggest going higher than the middle bench as far as height... I have a 1236 and I stand and fish all day. My wife went out with me for the first time this past weekend and we were both able to stand... but I still made her sit down when I wanted to set the hook (I like to cross eyes, and I'd hate for her to fall out).

A guy in my bass club has his 1436 decked to the top of his benches and he and his partner stand the whole time, and neither of them sits down when they set the hook

yeah im having trouble finding a 1448.. i found a used 1438 with trailer for about 500, and its in good condition. Im just debating waiting longer for a 1448 or purchasing this one.. what would you guys do?!

Wonder where he is measuring????

I would wait and find a 1448. Check Craigslist for all cities within reasonable driving distance. It is worth driving 5 hours to get the boat you want.
Why would I wait? I never been on the water when I said "sure wish I had a smaller boat" when the weather turned bad. But I sure have wished for a bigger one!
that extra 8" in width in a 1448 is a world of difference in capacity & stability. Your 15 will push it fine, you wont win any races but then fishing is not about speed anyway.

basspro91 said:
yeah im having trouble finding a 1448.. i found a used 1438 with trailer for about 500, and its in good condition. Im just debating waiting longer for a 1448 or purchasing this one.. what would you guys do?!

Keep looking, you'll find something. I just kept searching every day a hundred times a day, until I found a deal. It's going to happen, just need to not jump on something because it's "eh."