finally dusted off the 1432 for summer! *update*

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavy-chevy

Reaction score
shes been sitting in the back yard with the cover over it since winter break, i had just raised the transom a few more inches and during the test run it sucked some shells up running shallow and i haven't got around to ordering a water pump since. a few days ago i finally ordered it up, even sprung for the pickup screens this time since im on my 3rd pump now... probably shouldve replaced those a long time ago. anyways since the pump is coming i finally had the motivation to clean her up and build some more transom bracing since the extra leverage of a taller mounting height didn't help matters in the flex department.

IMG_1341.jpg

the c notch is so the bench doesn't flex out as much.
IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

i even finally got some moeller etching primer and evinrude white paint since boaters worlds going out of buisness and its half off, so far i got the lower unit done, eventually il get around to the rest of the motor...

IMG_1335.jpg

i striped all the old stuff first. 5 coats of primer and 6 of white, cant skimp on the lower unit.looks pretty slick don't it?

hopefully shel be back out on the water next weekend.

in my case, it looked so bad beforehand even if it gets all scratched up it will still look better.

update- went to boaters world and picked up the last can of Johnson white, and saw a deal on a radio i couldn't pass up... $120 down from 250, the head unit puts out 50 watts per channel and the speakers peak at 250, sounds **** good for a marine system!

some pics of the freshly painted motor

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1362-1.jpg

and the radio

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

i also finally found a prop cheap enough, brand new omc 4 blade 10.5 x 14 for $60 shipped, looking forward to trying that out. hopefully i can get a little more stern lift out of it and probably pick up some top end since its a pitch deeper and 1/2" bigger...

you're gonna love that radio... I'm pretty sure mine is the exact same one - now if I could only keep up with the SD cards.. I did get kind of a fix for that though.

I took at strip of velcro and put it down on top of my radio housing and then velcroed the cases the sd cards came in to that. They have held up to 80mph trailering, so it does work. You could probably just velcro the back to the cases and then stick it to your carpet and be fine

i just loaded up my jump drive with music, and i leave the micro sd adapter card in the radio so i can just pop the card out of my phone into it too. my brothers ipod also hooks up so im pretty well set. i have been sitting in the yard listening too it for a while and it sounds surprisingly good for the price. even at regular price it would be a good deal imo.

Man that boat is out of control it must hall @#$%$ now I realy need to start looking for a bigger mottor my 3hp on my 12 footer just wont work for me any more (maybe a 50hp tiller :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ). Do you have trim tabs on that thing?

I didn't know Chevrolet made boats! :? :? :?

Man, I really like that boat. It just looks like a bad, Motha, (HUSH YORE MOUTH!!!)

Latest posts