Cabela's Aluminum Boat Patch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moloch16

Reaction score
I sealed my leaky rivets last month using Cabela's Aluminum Boat Patch and finally got on the water on Saturday. I must say, 150% improvement. Fished for an hour before cranking the "big" motor and there was zero water in the boat woohoo! Fished for five hours, ran up and down the lake in some pretty choppy water. After a day like this I use to have a solid two inches of water in the back but at the end of the day there was hardly any water to speak of. This stuff works great and is very simply to use I highly recommend it!

How I used it:
1. Filled the boat with water while it was trailored.
2. Let it sit a while
3. Crawl under the boat with a sharpie marker.
3. Using sharpie - circle all leaky rivets
4. Empty boat, turn over
5. Apply Cabela stuff as directed to leaky rivets. I sealed the rivets I circled plus any suspect rivets.
6. Go fishing!

Cabelas sends enough to seel 5 or 6 boats. It goes fast you can seal every rivet on your boat in an hour or two if you wish.

Great News!

I knew that stuff worked well. I used it once to fill a quarter size hole in an old boat and it's still holding up... that was nearly 4 years ago.

I just used that stuff on some rivets that were hidden on my boat a couple weeks ago. As far as I can tell, it's AWESOME stuff. It really bonds to the aluminum and doesn't come off. I think the right way to fix your leaking rivets is to rebuck the leaky rivets, BUT, if you can't get to both sides, then the boat patch comes in to play.