How to Mount a Seat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckmechanic

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1436 Fishmaster jon boat and I am wanting a good stable way to mount swivel seats on the all ready there bench seats. I bought the brackets that are supposed to tighten down and clamp on but they just are very stable. Does anyone have any advice as to what works best? thanks

if it were me, i'd take back the brackets, get the square boat swivels and through bolt them to the bench. you probably have foam under the seats, so you'll have to remove some to get the nuts and washers on the bottom. i took a long bit and drilled through the top, then took a 2" forstner bit and drilled access holes through the foam using a right angle drill. hope this helps.
and welcome to the site

If you're talking about the seats that you can tighten and loosen that are removeable... the best thing I would suggest would be to use some plumbers stringers (aluminum roll with holes in it for hanging pipes under your house) and wrap them around the bottom brace and then just use a very long self tapping screw to attach it to your bench in the front and rear.

this is how i did mine

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 629
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 630
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 627
https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0013304016364a&navCount=0&podId=0013304&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=MSN&cm_pla=boat%20seat%20mount&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true

Always been a fan of these mounts for that type of seat, allows the seat to move side to side and you can remove the seat easy to keep it out of the elements.

Truckmechanic

sorry about not replying sooner but have not been on net in a few days.I have not had my boat in water yet.But it seems to be very solid,i have set in leaning back and forth with on movement what so ever i have pulled on with the seat pole and yes i believe it is very solid.

Just my two cents worth. I just completed my alumacraft modV 1648 and decided to go with the seat slides available at Bass Pro Shops. They come in either 17 inch or 33 inch. I opted for the 33 and couldn't be happier. It allows side to side travel, and the versatility of swiveling also. And with also being easily removed for stowing out of the rain. Good investment for sure..