How to straighten a tin boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorn

Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here, great website,,,,,got a question right off the bat. I bought a used 14ft gruman boat. The previous owner told me they had hit a stump on the left side of the boat and flipped it. Well this caused the boat to twist. The front left side is twisted up about 2 to 3 inches. My question is can this be fixed and how. I thought if I drilled out the rivets that hold the top rail of the boat to the side and tried to bend this back and rerivet it, could it work. Have any of you ever fixed a problem like this and if so could you tell me how. Again thanks for all the info. Sorry for no image, I will try to post one later.

welcome from a fello longhorn fan

thats a tuffy. im going to say if you have a trailer strap one side down in the front or rear good and tight, hook the opposite side to a come-along and wrench it down

or you could pick a nice stump to run over on the opposite side :mrgreen: . jk goodluck with it im sure others will have some good idears

I have never heard of anyone successfully un-bending a twisted aluminum boat.
Once they twist or dent, aluminum does not like to be un-bent.
Most attempts I have heard of resulted in cracks.
Good Luck!

Latest posts