14' Aluminum Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forsythia

Reaction score
First off I feel I should tell you guys that I'm a girl and I feel that I'm invading a secret club. :D

I started fishing late last summer I like the sitting around smoking and drinking (soda). I still don't know what I'm doing but that's okay. I want to some day be a Bass Master...one problem, I've never caught a bass.

So I got obsessed with the idea of needing a boat to get the good fish. I bought this boat in March. I want to steal all of your ideas I have been looking at this site since March and I think I'm ready to start my project.

I'm not sure how to register it there is no serial numbers or plate things to look at. Do I have to register it in Wisconsin if I'm only going to use a Trolling Motor right now?

Attachments

• New Boat.jpg
    New Boat.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,395
  • New Boat2.jpg
    New Boat2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,394
Check this out https://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/es/enforcement/safety/boatreg.htm#Registration%20and%20Titling

This will give you all the info on boating. welcome aboard!!

welcome, and it was a secret club until now, thanks for ruining it. :D but seriously, that is one awesome boat, i love that console being up front, you can do all kinds of mods to that and really have a unique boat. good luck!

welcome aboard! you're not the only girl on here... my wife get's on every once in a while.

forsythia said:
First off I feel I should tell you guys that I'm a girl and I feel that I'm invading a secret club. :D

So I got obsessed with the idea of needing a boat to get the good fish.

Welcome! You'll be receiving information on the secret handshake later :roll:

You're at the right place because we're also obsessed with the idea that you need a boat to get to all the good fish too. Now if I could just figure out where that's at.

Very nice boat.

Victor Coar said:
Check this out https://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/es/enforcement/safety/boatreg.htm#Registration%20and%20Titling

This will give you all the info on boating. welcome aboard!!

Thanks I will look into it!

forsythia said:

That's okay. We like girls....

Since the boat currently has reg. numbers on it, you can probably call fish and game, or whoever controls boat registration in Wisconsin, and see if it is transferable.

forsythia said:

Welcome and glad to have you aboard. As for being a girl; Whart difference does that make?

Welcome to the site and you ahve a great start.

Read through the boat mods section for ideas for your boat. If you have any questions ASK?

Hanr3 said:
Welcome to the site and you ahve a great start.

Read through the boat mods section for ideas for your boat. If you have any questions ASK?

Actually, I have. Your boat mod is my favorite and I plan on stealing all of your ideas.

Here is my boat after this past weekend. I have taken everything out and plan on sanding it all down.
Someone before me must have put sand in the paint to maybe make it less slippery? I kept hitting my knees on the sides, the textured paint has got to go.

Attachments

• DVC00247.JPG
    DVC00247.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 931
  • DVC00248.JPG
    DVC00248.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 931
  • DVC00249.JPG
    DVC00249.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 931
Hey every, I am a new guy but I have been lurking for a while now. I have a 1976 12' Monark I think it is a 1236 but I am not sure. I am currently deployed in Afgahanistan so I can't measure it. :(

You r boat is awsome I would love to have one like that. I hope that you plan on puting the console back in I THINK THAT IS SUPER COOL :D

Don't know when I am comeing home yet, I am going to start a new thread cause I don't want to hijack her thread it looks like she is going to have an awsome build.

moerawn said:
Hey every, I am a new guy but I have been lurking for a while now. I have a 1976 12' Monark I think it is a 1236 but I am not sure. I am currently deployed in Afgahanistan so I can't measure it. :(

You r boat is awsome I would love to have one like that. I hope that you plan on puting the console back in I THINK THAT IS SUPER COOL :D

What branch are you in? I was in the Army 02-06. Went to Iraq in 03.

Stay safe!

forsythia said:
moerawn said:

What branch are you in? I was in the Army 02-06. Went to Iraq in 03.

Stay safe!

:WELCOME: forsythia! Didn't mean to be rude! #-o

I don't get much time in this section of the forum. YOur boat looks like a great project! Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Jim

Quick questions. :?:

How do you tell if you have a shallow v, semi v, or deep v boat?

Is there some way to know how much weight your boat can hold?

I painted it last summer. I will be putting all the electrical in this summer. I got to use it for fishing...It Floats!

Attachments

• DSCF4001.JPG
    DSCF4001.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCF4003.JPG
    DSCF4003.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCF4004.JPG
    DSCF4004.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 467