Steel Flex color ? HELP !

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunker777

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Im waiting for Fasco to call me back with a final price after shipping for the Steel flex 9x

I don't know what color to get. The lady on the phone said the plain color is kind of a "gravy" color. But I know gravy in florida isn't the same as here (Canada). Can anyone give me an idea of what color I should get ? My plan for PAINT is to do a base coat as if I was going to camoflage it. Either green or tan. That way the next person that buys it should be able to convert it to a duck hunting boat if need be, pretty easily. And since you can't paint steel flex, I want it to kind of match... or at least not be COMPLETELY different colors... ya know ?

PLEASE HELP ! hahah I should be getting the phone call any time now !

Lunker777 said:
Hey everyone

Im waiting for Fasco to call me back with a final price after shipping for the Steel flex 9x

I don't know what color to get. The lady on the phone said the plain color is kind of a "gravy" color. But I know gravy in florida isn't the same as here (Canada). Can anyone give me an idea of what color I should get ? My plan for PAINT is to do a base coat as if I was going to camoflage it. Either green or tan. That way the next person that buys it should be able to convert it to a duck hunting boat if need be, pretty easily. And since you can't paint steel flex, I want it to kind of match... or at least not be COMPLETELY different colors... ya know ?

PLEASE HELP ! hahah I should be getting the phone call any time now !

The ones you might consider are olive drab, gray, black and white. I used black already, it's nice and black, but get's dirty. And I was just delivered gray - which I saw on another mod that I like (and I think won't show as many brush marks. All depends on what YOU want, lol.

yes you CAN paint steelflex. I already talked to Jerry about it when I bought mine.

ober51 said:
stew6371 said:
yes you CAN paint steelflex. I already talked to Jerry about it when I bought mine.

You just have to scuff it up really well he said.

Ok, So you can paint it ? I should just save the 7 dollars and not get the pigment then ?

I ordered the olive drab but I might call back and cancel then .

Lunker777 said:
ober51 said:
stew6371 said:

You just have to scuff it up really well he said.

Ok, So you can paint it ? I should just save the 7 dollars and not get the pigment then ?

I ordered the olive drab but I might call back and cancel then .

Personally, I would not scuff it up and paint it. Think about it, you're going to save 7 dollars and go through the work of waiting for it to cure completely, scuff it all up, clean, and repaint the same color? I guess it makes sense if you want it very specific, but I wouldn't do that personally.

Hahaha yea well I went and got the money order for the amount with the pigment so Im not going to paint it now ! I guess we'll see what it looks like ! Thanks for all the help !

Lunker777 said:
Hahaha yea well I went and got the money order for the amount with the pigment so Im not going to paint it now ! I guess we'll see what it looks like ! Thanks for all the help !

You'll like it. Ouachita used Olive Drab and it came out great - https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1745&hilit=olive+drab&start=40

i got blue pigment. not as dark as i wanted but i will try it and if i dont like it then i will repaint it.