????Question????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky.jonboatfisher

Reaction score
So does night fishing out or a 15 foot jon boat with a high powered trolling motor a 25 hp outboard and completly rigged lights and everything sound like a bad idea?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Why would it sound like a bad idea? I Night fish out of my 14' during the summer when school is out. As long as you have the proper safety equipmet and know "the rules of the road" for night navigation I see no reason not to go out at night.

If you have to ask, it probably is. However, I can't see that as being a problem in this case. Have the proper navigation lights, and know the water you are in before you open it up, and you will be fine. A handheld spotlight will probably be nice too, but I fish night tourneys, and even in the late run back to the trailer after weigh in, if I launch at a different ramp, I am fine with just nav lights. The stars and moon as well as marina lights etc will light the lake up pretty well.

Sounds like a perfectly sane idea to me. Just be careful. Know the water you will be on, dont go out there the first time in the dark, make at least one run in daylight.
Driving a boat in the dark is tricky at times, make sure you have a good spot light. I have found the technique that works best for me is to use natural light (moon, stars, city lights) and natural night vision most of the time, using the spotlight to check things now & then.

Latest posts