My Cost-reduced, home-made rolling, rowing seat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thudpucker

Reaction score
Some of you guys may Row, with both oars in the water even!

I like rowing better than fooling with a motor in my little boat.
I made this Rolling Rowing seat for two reasons.

I got the idea from a Rowing Machine in the Exercize room at the Cardiac Re-hab lab of the local Hospital.
I can row pretty much like a 2-3 Hp motor for a short while. I go a mile from the Ramp to the first bridge in Ten minutes.
The Seat adds about two feet to the stroke. I'll make newer and longer oars some time later on.

Also I can slide back and forth in the boat to reach just about anything I need from my sitting position in the middle of the boat. A pleasant but un-planned feature is the laying back of the seat. It will lean backwards about 30 Degrees. Enough for a short nap from time to time.

I had fun making it too. I didnt bother to patent it, so have at it you inventers. If you make a better one I'll copy yours! :D

Eventually I'll trade this boat for a Jon boat. I'll put the seat on a long box in the middle of the Jon boat. Both ends will open and hold the 'stuff' a guy takes out fishing.

Mine is made up of stuff I found in the Barn. Except for the Wheels which I got for a Buck apiece from the local roller skating rink. I've since taken the Disc Brake pads off and replaced them with some pieces of Fiberglass.
It slides just fine. I have to restrain it when I'm towing the boat. Once the seat hit the stops and broke part of it off while I had the boat on the road.

Just click on the photo and watch the slide show of my sliding seat.

Latest posts