Registering boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
I seen this on another site,they say it's legit and done often.
I have never tried it and don't know anything about it,just thought someone might want to check up on it,maybe as a last resort or even a first resort.

I just talked to one of these titling companys (https://www.its-titles.com). I also checked them out with the better business bureau and they have been a accredited member since 1997 and hold an A+ rating. They say they have done hundreds of these transactions for the state I live in. They say the whole process takes 7-10 days.What it boils dow to is you are selling them your boat on paper. They in turn register the boat under there company name in a non title state. They then sell the boat back to you with a valid bill of sale and a current registation for that state. You then take it to your local DNR and register and title the boat in your name. What have I got to loose. Boat sat for 13 years, have $ 0 dollars invested, and I cant do anything with it if I cant get it registeed. Sound like its worth a try

sounds like it would work. i live in a non title state, kansas, and was worried about registering my grandpa's boat after he died, from a title state, missouri. he had got the boat in trade, about 20 years ago , and had never titled it. when i went to title it they said no problem, as long as the numbers don't come up stolen, (it didn't even have numbers). they actually told me that if i stole a brand new boat i could bring them the HIN and i could title it in my name. i wouldn't suggest doing that, but as easy as titling is in a non title state, i would surely think that company would work for you.

I think the idea is sound, but still pricey for me. I am going to try and have my boat inspected and issued a new HIN, then get it titled before I try that above method.

ben2go said:
Sounds like a character with a computer and to much time on his/her hands.Found a legal loop hole and is exploiting it.
Maybe,but they have been in buisness for over 12 years and the better buisness bureau gives them an A+ rating.
Some people may need them to get registered.

Zum, the only thing I would offer is, are these guys where you can get face to face with them if needed? Being in business since 1997 is good and offers positive feedback however, I would still want the option of looking them in the eye if I had to.

Good point.
This post isn't for me,I'm all registered.
Just thought if someone was having a hard time getting a boat registered this MIGHT be something to look at.
If you click on the link,they do alot more then boats.

I should have looked at the link first. Being they are in Nevada that would explain everything. Nevada along with Delaware are two of the States that have the most flexible laws for corporate and commercial. It now makes prefectly good sense what they are doing and how they are putting it together.

Alabama doesnt require titles to register. I just took my AL registration and was able to get boat registered in Texas w/o title.

"Out-of-state Title/Registration Vessels and/or outboard motors coming from title states must surrender the title. Vessels coming from non-titling states (Registration Only), must surrender the registration certificate."

This is just an example I can see as working. It worked for me when I moved here but I wasnt trying to manipulate the system.

Daniel

I know some of you see this thing going on in my Mon Ark thread, but I figured it would be a good time to contribute here as well.

I may be the first Tinboater on this forum to try it out, so I will obviously report back to you on the results. I used International Title Service.

I sent it out today, Wed., June 24, via 2 day mail. Now I am waiting for my paperwork back from them.

Report to follow soon.

ober51 said:
I know some of you see this thing going on in my Mon Ark thread, but I figured it would be a good time to contribute here as well.

I may be the first Tinboater on this forum to try it out, so I will obviously report back to you on the results. I used International Title Service.

I sent it out today, Wed., June 24, via 2 day mail. Now I am waiting for my paperwork back from them.

Report to follow soon.

It took a month but the title came today. I brought it directly over to the DMV and had legitimate boat registration and title for NJ. Not meaning to double post, but I thought it would help those searching for ITS or title service to have this thread completed. I was glad to serve as your Tinboat guinea pig :lol:

No prob guys - really glad it worked out, I was getting nervous there for a second. But once they mailed me a real FL title, I knew we were good to go. The stickers and numbers (aside from one 9, lol) are on my boat, so we're ready for splash down tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

The service cost me $175. Not cheap, but literally the only option left to me after I exhausted every single one. I think Broadway Title Service was $145 or $150 or something, but I heard that ITS was really good (not to say Broadway wasnt) from a lot of research, so I went with them.

Yes it did. I supplied them with a notorized bill of sale. And they did their magic and gave mea title with my name on it.

Latest posts