How's this for a small water & river boat?? (photos)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewR

Reaction score
Hi all. A few weeks ago I completed my second rig.

This is kind of like a new "rig", but not really. But I would like to think it is new.

I've had this 12ft aluminum boat since 2006. It is a 12-foot Sears boat that I bought on Ebay. For three years, this boat didn't have a proper trailer so that I could make adventures to the smaller pot-hole lakes throughout northern Wisconsin - (anything less than 50 acres and bars gas motors is considered as "pot-hole" lake)

Trailer was purchased during this past winter for $200. It was completely repainted and properly sized to fit dimensions of 12ft boat just two weeks ago.

boat1%7E0.jpg

With this rig, I intend on doing the following::

* - Make float trips down the Wisconsin River.

* - Fish the lakes that are less traveled.

* - Fish smaller 100acre or less lakes that my 15ft Lund fiberglass (my first project - link somewhere on this site) could never launch from - due to poor access, bad landings that require 4WD, or do not permit gas motors. From that, this boat itself + motor weighs a little less than 200lbs total. All it takes is two strong men to lift it off the trailer, and to put it in the water on shore.

boat2%7E0.jpg

The motor attached is a 6HP Evinrude (short shaft) from 1973. It's been in the family since day-1 and still works like new. Whenever I fish at places that prohibit gas motors, I would obviously remove it and use the 36lb thrust trolling motor instead.

Lastly, over the weekend I had attached a few of these to my boat. These are some kind of trays used for sewing supplies that my dad brought home from work. I sawed off the hooks that were inside, and spray-painted brown ugly tray into a black color. Now, I use them for tackle or drink storage trays for the boat.

If anyone would like to obtain some for their own craft, let me know and we can work out a deal of some sorts. I have a whole box of these in surplus that I would have to paint and would like to eventually get rid of.

boat4.jpg

boat3%7E0.jpg

boat5%7E0.jpg

I eventually came to name this boat the "Mud Puddler".... Some rude guy on my fishing website was giving me and my friends crap for always fishing smaller lakes so I thought I'd pay tribute to him. He was eventually incarcerated. =D> :lol:

Comments, ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks. :D

looks like a perfect boat for that purpose. i like the smaller lakes too, more peaceful. i don't know about up there, but here at the electric only lakes you can have a gas motor on the boat but you just can't use it. (obviously)