frame over gas tank in rear of boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
ok i got my frames done except my very back one over my gas tank. This frame will go between my rear deck and back of boat. can i get some links pm'd to me of how yall did yalls. i dont know how i would be able to make it sturdy enough to stand on and the frame not be in the way of the tank

i stand back there at times with not all my weight on the seam but a lot of it, and feel no flex. the transom gives support all across rear and the hatch overlaps the bench the full width. with that design you could add a 2x2 under the seam, only attached to one door, sticking out halfway so when closed the other door would sit on it, and a small cleat could be added for it to rest on. then you could drive a truck across it.

well im using all aluminum...1x1x1/8" angle...and i have 1/8" aluminum sheets for my decks...i think the 1/8" aluminum will flex to much with no support there...i wonder if i run angle across the middle but attach it to the lid tha comes up but when its down it rest on something

that's what i was trying to describe, but knew it wouldn't come across right, hard to describe using only words. i think that would work out well. i've heard street signs work great, if you can find one (legally), you could put it between your frame and your sheet aluminum to stiffen it up.

i may can put 2 peices of the 1/8" aluminum down and it not flex and wont have to put the extra bracing in. i will have to try it both ways and see

Click on my link in my sig. You will see how I did mine. I can stand back there, with all my weight on the lid just fine. I have had some BIG backseaters in a couple tourneys as well, and there is no issue. Click this link to see one picture.
https://www.shareaproject.com/pages/imageDetail,p,482,i,8132,00.html

In that picture, I have a piece of 1 x 1 square going across the front of the opening (seat pedestal bases are in front, for reference), and across the back. The front one has a leg in the middle, and one on each side. The back one only has a leg on each side. My hinge is riveted to the front bar, and on the back, I have a piece of 1 x 1 aluminum angle riveted to the back bar for the lid to rest on when closed. My lid is framed with 1 x 1, and has .090 aluminum on top, and is solid as a rock.

Latest posts