Price check on a used JON

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogfisher

Reaction score
Hey there. I have a line on a used jon boat in my area. It's a 3 year old G3 1442. with a minn kota 43(?) lb trolling motor and battery. 2 leather swivel seats. He's asking 1500. Fair price? It's the perfect boat for what I want. Thanks for the help.

That size of a G3 boat in this area would bring probably $2000-3500 depending on the person selling it. For $1500, that sounds like a good deal.

Does the trolling motor work? If it does, I'd say you have a steal there... Good Luck.

I just bought an all welded Express with a lot of extras for $1200 - I could probably flip that one today for $2-2500 just as it sits... and it's a 1999 model 1546

If it comes witha trailer, then it is a steal.
However, if there is no trailer, then I would say is is only OK.
If you like it, buy it!

CarlF said:
If it comes witha trailer, then it is a steal.
However, if there is no trailer, then I would say is is only OK.
If you like it, buy it!
X2. If you will be happy with it thats all that matters. I think its a good deal though.

There is no trailer but that's no biggie. I can get one on the cheap I'm sure. The trolling motor is the same age as the boat and is a Minn Kota. Also a battery for it. The boat has never been trailered. It was at a camp on a private pond stored under the deck. Never even been registered. I think it sounds like a good deal but I just wanted to see what more experienced folk would say. I'm new at this whole tin boat thing. Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably be picking it up tomorrow night. I'll post pics when I do.

I got the boat! I'm now officially a tinboater. I ended up getting it for 1300. Its an 07 G3 1442. Its got some scratches but no dents or anything major. I'll post some pics tomorrow cuz I know we all like to look at boats. I ended up getting a trailer from some crackhead (seriously) for 200. Its a nice EZ loader galvanized. Needs some mods to the bunks to really hold a jon boat well but thats a no brainer. Funny story though. The night I went to pick it up, the seller didn't show up. It was 10 pm and I had driven 2 hours in the rain and I was pissed. so I dragged the SOB by myself about 50 yards accross the lawn up a small hill to the trailer and loaded her up! It was a PITA and took about an hour but i did it. the hardest part was geting it on the trailer. I tested out the 46lb minn kota vector motor and it spins like a champ. Now I just have to deck the ******* and get some fish slime on it!

Glad to hear you got it! Nice price i think.

But hey, try to take it easy on the cursing. Like Jim says: This Site is Rated PG, Let's Keep it that way!

Latest posts