Licensing(registration)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
You guys made me do it.
I've never had my boat licensed(registered)thats what it's called up here.
Our registration is like your documentation.
It's not a big thing up here,I've never heard of anyone ever getting in trouble,although it says theres a fine,if no number on your boat.Theres lots of little boats with no numbers though.
Just thinking with all the rules and regulations it's better to get it done now then later.
Best of all it was FREE,atleast so far maybe they will mail me a bill.

Mine expired April 30th. Gonna try to get it renewed tomorrow. Kids have been out of school since last Friday, but we're working until the 10th. Cuttin' it close trying to get from the school to the court house before they close.

We have a really old sears jon boat 12 footer that does not have a sticker and there are no visable serial numbers on the hull. This boat was my wife's grandfathers and it was out behind the building. A family friend cleaned the boat up, put in new seats and painted it, but we are un-sure how to get it registered since we do not have a reciept and there is no title to be found anywhere. My wife's dad used to float down the river and trap/hunt back when he was a little boy. He past 2 yrs ago and he was 54, so that tells you how old the boat is. The boat has been sitting at a family friend's house for about 2 yrs and doesnt want to use it until it is legal.

Any thoughts on how to get this titled and stickered in the state of WV?

you cant beat free!

cyber - go to the tag office and ask what you need to get it registerd. in nc, you eather have to have the title, or a bill of sale w/ hin number notorized for both signatures. i have neither so i just register the boat in tn where you dont need your bill of sale to be notorized. they just want your money

Latest posts