First jon boat UPDATED PICTURES

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD746

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first jon boat ,first off the boat is a 14' and 46" not 36" across the top 32" in the floor ,I replaced the wood on the transom and added seats I perfer to run 12 volt trolling motor since the boat will be used in electric only lakes I plan on mainly crappie fishing with my 6yr old son. so I dont plan on decks just carpet on the 3 bench seats. Im make a goodie list and have the green light from the wife to have fun with it since my son enjoys fishing so much. So any suggestions or advice would be great. I will also post pics on wed.

Attachments

• boat 001.jpg
    boat 001.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 395
  • boat 002.jpg
    boat 002.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 396
  • boat 003.jpg
    boat 003.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 395
Welcome to the site.
Your probably right not to deck that size boat,your on the right track.
Use it and enjoy it.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

I would put a nice small level floor just to make it easier to walk on, and possibly add low pedestal seats. Other than that it's a perfect machine in my opinion. Not too big, not to small. Good luck with it!

Make sure you have a life vest for the little guy. :D

I agree, avoid the raised deck.
Simply put in a floor to make it easier to walk around & maybe some swivel seat to make it more comfortable. Wire in some lights and put in a battery box and you are set.
Good luck with your new ride!

I got some pics uploaded on the 1st post ,so far I have replaced the wood on the transon and added some alum. for protection I carpeted the bench seats and placed the swivel camo seat on to see how it looks the front will not have a pedestal since my son will sit there I plan on 50lb minn-kota and have the battery in the middle bench with a hinge door on the top for access along with a small battery for a fish finder. My only concern it the width of the boat I hope its wide enough for the two of us we dont plan on standing while fishing since we will not be bass fishing but fishing for panfish with live bait. Any suggestion since this is my first boat. Thanks

You'll be fine with that 1432... I've got a 1232, and I can stand in it and fish just fine - BUT, mine is heavy gauged aluminum.

You did the benches right - and I wouldn't suggest adding decks either. You might want to think about putting 1/2" ply on the floors.. it makes it much more comfortable.

When you cut into the bench, make sure that you put the lid on so that it doesn't blow open when trailering our hauling in the back of your truck while going down the road. That is the only thing I really messed up on during my rebuild.

that 50lb will push you just fine too

Latest posts