what glue to put marine carpet on aluminium????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norbert

Reaction score
hi all, thanks for reading,i'm looking to find out wich glue or adhesive to put down marine carpet on aluminium casting deck?(its on a tracker grizzly 1448)
many thanks and tight lines!!!

Myself and others have used the Henry 663 indoor/outdoor glue available at Lowe's in the carpeting tools section. I applied my carpet to the painted deck in my Lowe rig and it's held-up well. If the paint on your rig too smooth, you might scuff it slightly with some fine sandpaper to give the glue something to "grip" to. Follow the instructions on the container and you'll be good-to-go. Apply with a notched trowel, then roll the carpet (after installation) with a kitchen rolling pin to level any glue globs out. Pics of my carpet installation job on my 1652VT Lowe Roughneck: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/images/thumbnails.php?album=113

The Henry 663 stuff is the way to go. Your paint should be similar to what was on Waterwing's Lowe, so I doubt much scuffing is necessary.

bassboy1 said:
The Henry 663 stuff is the way to go. Your paint should be similar to what was on Waterwing's Lowe, so I doubt much scuffing is necessary.

I didn't need to do any scuffing to my paint as it was a flat paint. Prior to applying glue, wipe the area down with a clean rag and plain water. I figure soapy water might leave a residue that could interfere with adhesion.

Latest posts