removing a riveted bench

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPSGUY

Reaction score
what is the best to remove bench seat do i take it all out rivets and all, i dont weld so what about the holes if i take out rivets should i use JB weld 5200???? thanks your help has been great

I used a flap wheel on a grinder to sand the head down next to the seat, then a screw driver to pop the seat up off the rivet. I then welded over the rivet, but I guess you could just hammer and dolly the rivet down where the seat was so it would stay in place.

Jamie

You could grind the rivet down or drill the center out.Put a stainless steel button head bolt and lock nut in place of the rivet use 3M 5200 to seal the bolt.

ben2go said:
You could grind the rivet down or drill the center out.Put a stainless steel button head bolt and lock nut in place of the rivet use 3M 5200 to seal the bolt.

Great Idea! I am about to trade my mod for a larger one. I want to take the middle console out and hadn't thought to do that. Does anyone have a ruff estimate on how much it cost to have someone weld up rivets?

Latest posts