motorguide wireless

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnels

Reaction score
Anybody have any info about these? I'm considering one for my 14' deep-vee. I like the idea of a small foot pedal and the ability of control from either front or back of boat.
https://sites.mercurymarine.com/portal/page?_pageid=125,56450&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Both the major trolling motor makers have wireless units.
I know with some minn kotas they unit can be bought seperatly and added afterwards.(with some units)

On Minn Kota, the wireless adapter can be bought later. Motorguide automatically comes with the wireless pedal, and the FOB is available separately.

If you truly like the features of an electric steer trolling motor, both the MG wireless and the MK powerdrive would be a good choice. I am a die hard Minn Kota guy, for a number of reasons, so the powerdrive would be my choice. However, I see a lot of people buy an electric steer motor, and find they actually prefer a cable steer one. I was one of those people. Do a search on the word "powerdrive" and you should find a number of opinions on that topic.

Thanks for the input. This will be the first bow mount that I've owned. I really don't know what to expect as far as response time. I'm a recreational fisherman, no tournaments. Everyone tells me that a bow mount is needed on a deep-vee and with the boat mod, in progress, it seems logical. I do know that on a windy day the front end would really move around a lot & constant control was needed because of the high bow. Made fishing tough at times. I thought wireless so that I could control it from the front or back of the boat. I've used friends boats but don't like the big, high foot pedals.

The power drive(minnkota)has a small flat pedal,that has a wire attached.You will still have to get used to it though,some people hate it.It's what I have on my boat right now(I don't have wireless,PD to old)I'm not crazy over it but I'm getting used to it.Sometimes I wish I just stuck with a handle,I'm always standing anyways.