Found me a tinboat 2 miles from my home - PURCHASED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Let me know what you of this find.

This is an Alumacraft 14foot with livewell and rated for 20HP. The guy has already put aluminum flooring with 1inch styrofoam underneath from front to back. He has the front deck extension has already been cut to fit, the support bar for that needs bolted inplace and the panel bolted/pop rivited in place. We will need to build a jack plate out of some metal since my motor is a 20inch shaft. The trailer will need bunks made but the guy is giving me some metal bars and I have some 2x4's to make bunks pretty easy. the trailer will need new tires and bearings re-packed ( for peace of mind). The boat has been pre-wired for a trolling motor and a bilge pump installed. He also made a custom trolling motor mount ( looks like he used an old road sign).
I will need to carpet it and maybe give her a new paint job.

Here is what I get for $800 bucks
* Trailer
* 14 foot boat with aluminum flooring installed
* metal decking plates
* good deep cycle battery
* 6gallon fuel tank
* seat posts
* night running lights
* bilge pump installed
* spare trailer tire
* metal bars to make trailer bunks
* metal to make jackplate

Attachments

• Alumboat1.jpg
    Alumboat1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Alumboat2.jpg
    Alumboat2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,052
Buy it. That almost looks like a 1442, but heck, even if it is a 1436, that price certainly ain't bad. Plus, its an Alumacraft.

how fast do you think this will go with my 15hp and 2 guys ( roughly 390lbs), 30lb minnkota, 3gallons of fuel, deep cycle battery, 4 rods, 2 medium size tackle bags, about a gallon of water ( in bottles)2 life vests, throw pillow, fire extinguisher, anchor.. This wont be fully loaded down or anything, trying to go legal with all safety equipment and minimal gear and drinking water.

I am guessing about 20mph, but I am not for sure...

you can't go wrong for that amount...

It won't cost you that much to get it to where you want it - maybe another $200-300 bucks and then you would definitely be able to sell it later down the road for more than you have invested.

I say go for it!!! :beer:

as far as speed - I think you'll still zip around the water pretty good

bassboy1 said:
Buy it. That almost looks like a 1442, but heck, even if it is a 1436, that price certainly ain't bad. Plus, its an Alumacraft.

I was going to say 1436 judging by the depth. :lol: It doesn't have the sidewall height that mine does.

That's probably not a bad price but it's not a steal, either. I paid $800 for my 14' Polarkraft with tilt trailer and that included an 18hp Evinrude. It is an older boat than the one that you are looking at, however.

I think it was an average price, and i dont have to drive far to get it. I had been looking on craiglist, ebay, and classifieds but really couldnt find anything in my area. I almost went and bought a new tracker 1436 with trailer but that was 1500 bucks, and I thought to my myself, that I still have to deck it and with this one, almost all the work had been done and its not wood, its aluminum. plus that will give me some more funds to finish it up and such. I am going to call the guy this evening and tell him I want it.

cyberflexx said:
I think it was an average price, and i dont have to drive far to get it. I had been looking on craiglist, ebay, and classifieds but really couldnt find anything in my area. I almost went and bought a new tracker 1436 with trailer but that was 1500 bucks, and I thought to my myself, that I still have to deck it and with this one, almost all the work had been done and its not wood, its aluminum. plus that will give me some more funds to finish it up and such. I am going to call the guy this evening and tell him I want it.

I'd call him now, lol. If you want it, you need to make sure you act quickly on CL.

Well, its not advertised and it's my good friends ex-coworkers boat. Ronnie called him and asked him if he still had it, and the guy said yeah, why and told the guy what I was looking for. He said well, I havent even thought about selling that, but if he wants it, I will let him have it for what I have in it and to come and look at it. I went last night around 8pm and told him I would let him know today. Ronnie said they guy wont sell it out from under me... No one knows it's for sale..
He is at work right now, so i can call him after 5pm. Reminds me, I need to call the wife and have her run by the bank to get the funds..

Quackrstackr said:
bassboy1 said:

I was going to say 1436 judging by the depth. :lol: It doesn't have the sidewall height that mine does.

That's probably not a bad price but it's not a steal, either. I paid $800 for my 14' Polarkraft with tilt trailer and that included an 18hp Evinrude. It is an older boat than the one that you are looking at, however.

I am starting to think your right on the dimensions. I need to move up to the state of confusion. Seems nobody around here is confused about where the super high price button is on their keyboard. That would go away in no time in my neck of the woods.

This is a 1988 Alumcraft 1457 LW with a 1985 tilt trailer. $800 dollars

I need to repack the bearings and maybe get some new tires on the trailer and do the decking and such to the boat.

He has new seats, and posts, new carpet and glue and various other little parts available for it too. He is going to work me up a price on it all and let me know what he wants for it so I can finish this up.

I'll boat the "at home pictures" tomorrow after I upload them from my cell phone.

bassboy1 said:
I am starting to think your right on the dimensions. I need to move up to the state of confusion. Seems nobody around here is confused about where the super high price button is on their keyboard. That would go away in no time in my neck of the woods.

I live 12 minutes from KY Lake, 20 from Lake Barkley, 30 from the Ohio river and about 40 from the Mississippi river. Everybody and their grandmother owns at least one boat around here. Having that many boats around at any given time makes for some decent deals if you wait for them.

I don't understand the model on that boat (1457). It is an actual model number but the number does not correspond with the length/floor like most every other model of jon. An Alumacraft 1457 only has a 52" beam. :?:

cyberflexx said:
how fast do you think this will go with my 15hp and 2 guys ( roughly 390lbs), 30lb minnkota, 3gallons of fuel, deep cycle battery, 4 rods, 2 medium size tackle bags, about a gallon of water ( in bottles)2 life vests, throw pillow, fire extinguisher, anchor.. This wont be fully loaded down or anything, trying to go legal with all safety equipment and minimal gear and drinking water.

I am guessing about 20mph, but I am not for sure...

I am gonna take a guess and say 10-12mph. I had a 14' x 36" Ouachita flatbottom w/my 25hp mercury and it would go 30mph. And thats with full gear, 2 people, cooler of beer, and fire wood. I now have the same 25hp merc on my 15' Fisher Marine Mod-vee and fully loaded i can get about 22-25 mph in rough water.

Are you sure that the 57" is across the floor?

I had an Alumacraft 1236, and that had 54" width across the gunwhales...

I'd think you have closer to a 42" floor with that 57" beam.

My Xpress jon has a 46" floor with a 70" beam

russ010 said:
Are you sure that the 57" is across the floor?

I had an Alumacraft 1236, and that had 54" width across the gunwhales...

I'd think you have closer to a 42" floor with that 57" beam.

My Xpress jon has a 46" floor with a 70" beam

According to NADA, an Alumacraft 1457 LW has a 52" beam. No mention of the floor width.

Maybe cyber will measure it for us to further all of our tin boat knowledge base.

Latest posts