What thinner to use on petitt topside ezpoxy for tomorrow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Starting painting FINALLY! I got my paint in the mail, but I need to know what type of spray thinner I can buy from murrays or auto zone (or HD) that will work with expoxy. I'm assuming mineral spirits will not be compatible.

Any help, I need to pick the stuff up tomorrow morning! :wink:

If you can get to a NAPA or O'Reilly's that would probably be better... especially if they sell paint where they mix it. You need an actual "spray thinner"... I think it may also be called "medium reducer". If you go to an auto store, you can tell them you need some spray thinner or reducer and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I would recommend O'Reillys.... they will hook you up with the cups, strainers, stirrers and all that stuff you need. The only thing I had to pay for was the little plastic cup that helps you mix in the right ratio of paint to thinner. You'll want the ratio to be 5:1 (5 parts of paint to 1 part thinner)

You'll also need a clean pint or quart can (they gave me that too) to mix the paint and thinner in... then put it in your sprayer and you're all set to go.

I had my 150psi air compressor set at 40psi to spray and it went on smooth...

Hope this gets to you in time - I just got online and saw it

I think I have something similar in the basement from when my dad painted his tail gate.. it turned out pretty professionally.

Unfortunately, I dont have a NAPA or O'reilly's around... so I hope that stuff will do

Latest posts