The Bass Destroyer -PICTURES!! / BUILD

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PavChaos

Reaction score
Ok guys, here are the pictures .. it has a while to go before it sees water but its getting there and for the 200 some dollars in the boat and about another 150 in material my buddy put in it hes not complaining and dosent mind doing the work.

This is quoting him from another forum, hes not one to sign up to forums, to much of a commitment he says lol

anyways..

Heres the new "project". picked it up off ebay for $250 with the trailer and like a 9 gallon gas tank with the priming hose and what not, and an anchor.. its a 14' tri-hull fiberglass boat. And im going to convert it to a mini bass boat. looks kinda rough right now but for the price, it was a steal, and everything that needs fixed can be done in a weekend or two.

So heres the basic rundown

Fiberglass repair is needed on the transom stringers, and around the seats

New plywood transom needs to be cut and installed.. its bolt in on this boat, so no big deal. cut it out with a jig saw, Seal it up and bolt it in.

Trailer lights need to be gone thru and possibly re-wired, And its going to need a new set of lights, And probably some tires too. I may change the winch also, and the ball reciever to accept a 2" ball, so i can use 1 7/8s OR 2"

Going to put a plywood deck on the front and back of the boat with some bass boat seats, Would like to put a rod locker to hold some fishing rods. A live well, And some storage compartments for the batteries, PFD's and all that ****

Trolling motor in the back and in the front. and a gas motor. would like to go with a 15-25hp, but for now will probly settle between 4-9 hp for financial reasons.

And its also gonna get a fish finder, bilge pump to pump fresh water in and out of the livewell,

After i get all the fiberglass work done, Im going to get a bucket of paint and paint it all up nice. then start working on the decking and what not.

should be able to get it out there on the water this summer.

Pav came by today. We went to home depot to get some supplies and one thing led to another and i decided to do some work. i cut out the new transom insert out of 3/4" ply wood, and fit it, but then realized that the whoel transom needed attention. The stringers were pretty well rotted, The corners were cracked, And the Wood inside the fiberglass shell of the transom was completely rotted. So i cut apart the fiberglass holding the transom together, Scraped out the old wood, Made a new piece, fitted it, and glued it in place for now, Filled in the gaps with bondo-hair. Weather permiting, tomorow im going to sand it down, put the new stringers on, and start laying down some fiberglass mat over the new wood. The transom is already rock solid, compared to what it was, And i still ahve some glass work to do. I also have the plywood insert to bolt to the inside of the transom too, so that should keep it even stronger.

Fiberglass cut, old wood scraped, New bolt in transom insert cut

then once i cover over that with the fiberglass, The bolt in piece will get bolted in over all of that.. So it will be really strong.

Also picked up a 35hp johnson outboard on ebay for $113. Definitely should go pretty good.

My buddy cracks me up with these names he comes up with hahaha BASS DESTROYER lol he already has plans to get it lettering done to look like a bass boat from the side hahaha. I was even braking his stones to buy these heavy flakes we found at home depot for the paint job but he plans on painting it all black with gray carpet on the decking..said and done its gonna be nice and a little fun boat we could drag around CT ... Alot of lakes here are a pain in the butt to fish unless you have a boat, its easier to find state boat launches rather then weed wacking and hacking through brush to find fishing spots.

!BSiz0qgBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl4NtwBKDwyEIK0Q~~_1.JPG

f7de_1.JPG

IMG_0140-1.jpg

IMG_0143-1.jpg

IMG_0142-1.jpg

IMG_0144-3.jpg

IMG_0147-1.jpg

Some work he did today, I was gonna go hang out and help out but ended up with some miss communication so I didnt know what was going on and went home after work.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0155-1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161-2.jpg

Ill keep you guys up with the progress unless my buddy joins and starts posting himself.

LONG LIVE THE BASSSSSSS DEEEEEESTROYER!!!!

That's a nice find for $200 bucks.. and I see why he's calling it the Bass Destroyer - that thing looks like it's made like a tank.

Nice work on the fiberglassing too... that's something I need to learn to do

Dont worry guys Ill have more progress as it comes, buddy has been working on his Nissan Z to have a running car he could drive, Once hes done with it (soon, he was test driving it the other day just needs to fine tune everything) me and him are gonna get back on the boat, atleast he is, Ill be there to drink his beer and brake his stones :D

Latest posts