New to forum from GA, not new to tin boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackerTom

Reaction score
This forum is great. I'm glad I found it. I'm not really new to tin boats as I'm on my 3rd one now and I just got it. I started out with a 12x32 about 5 years ago. Then I moved up to a 14x42 Alumacraft Crappie Jon. It was great, but my wife started going with me and wanted to lay on a deck for sun when she got tired of fishing. It was important to me for her to be able to go with me when she wanted so I upgraded again last month. I had always went electric only, but this time I bought a 2008 Tracker Grizzly 1654SC which I was glad to find since they quit making that size. It's got a Mercury 4 stroke EFI 40 HP, a 46lb bow mount trolling motor, and the built in livewell in front of the console. I've had it out 3 times so far and love it but alreay have some planned mods.

Since purchase, I've added a Minn Kota Deckhand to handle the anchor. I installed my Humminbird 798CI SI. I kept the rodholders from my Alumacraft and am modifying the bases to work with the rail system on the Tracker. I'm going to install my Pro Sport 3 bank onboard charger.

I am looking to add some storage and to coat the deck and floor with a non skid coating. I got tired of the carpet getting dirty in my old boat and am going to try to go without it on this boat.

This is definitely the most tin boat I thought I would ever own and I feel very fortunate to have it. I attached a pic of it as I bought it and will put some more up later if you guys want to see them of the progress I've made.

Thanks for the forum.

Tom

Welcome aboard. Us Georgia boys are taking over. Pa, y'all watch out.

Whereabouts in Ga are you from?

I'm in Bethlehem, actually a lot closer to Dacula. Maybe some of us GA boys can meet up at one of the lakes sometime.

I forgot to mention earlier, one of the mods that I'm very anxious to do is to add the smartcraft tachometer that monitors all the motor functions. I need to make plate that will be large enough to cover the area where the switch panel will be and the gauge. They put the switch panel right in the middle of the viewable area in the console so I have to move it down to have a place for the tach. The plate would cover the whole area so I could cover the original hole. The smartcraft stuff looks pretty cool.

Tom

Welcome to the site,sounds like a nice boat.
I says you added a picture?

ben2go said:
bassboy1 said:
Welcome aboard. Us Georgia boys are taking over. Pa, y'all watch out.

Whereabouts in Ga are you from?
russ010 said:
yep... Georgia is coming on strong... look out penn and jersey boys

There for a while I thought SC was gonna catch up. :lol:

:eek:fftopic:

I'll always be a carolina boy at heart... and I would move back there in a heartbeat if I could make as much $$$$

TrackerTom said:
I'm in Bethlehem, actually a lot closer to Dacula. Maybe some of us GA boys can meet up at one of the lakes sometime.

I forgot to mention earlier, one of the mods that I'm very anxious to do is to add the smartcraft tachometer that monitors all the motor functions. I need to make plate that will be large enough to cover the area where the switch panel will be and the gauge. They put the switch panel right in the middle of the viewable area in the console so I have to move it down to have a place for the tach. The plate would cover the whole area so I could cover the original hole. The smartcraft stuff looks pretty cool.

Tom

Welcome aboard TrackerTom

I live in Dacula. Sounds like you got a nice rig.

Hope to meet you someday.

Latest posts