Tracker Overhaul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm6100

Reaction score
So I haven't been on here in some time, but I figured this is the go to place for tin boats. I have an 03 tracker I am overhauling with vinal rather than carpet. I pretty much stripped the boat down to just the hull. I havea ll the panels out of the boat now. I ordered cabela's marine vinal and got it today. THis stuff is really nice. Its easy to work with and the finish is awesome. So what I have been wondering is what people use to adhere felt backed vinal to aluminum. I ahve been using robers 3300. I have done the floor and front deck which is wood. It adhered well to the wood. As for the aluminum. I just started today so I figure about 24-48 hours before it really adheres well. From what I can see, it is looking like the adhesion is working well. I will post some progress picks tomorrow. Any advice is apprecaited for anyone who has done this in the past. Thanks!

its vinyl, lol. Its been a long day. I will get some pics up tomrrow. This is the same flooring that the lunds and lowes uses. ITs really nice stuff.

i am glad you posted! i am looking for carpet for my build and was thinking vynil. I would love to see smoe pictures so I know what it looks llike before i inevest in a roll..

thanks