Boat Person and Weight limit sticker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
You know the yellow sticker on the boat that shows the weight limit and person limits? Does this have to be viewable at all times? Mine is in the back of the boat on the rear right support infront of the transom and when I deck the boat, the sticker will be underneath my battery/fuel access panel. But when the panel lid is opened, it can be seen and readable.

I just dont want to make this thing illegal and get a ticket.

Thanks

As far as I am aware you do not even have to have such a sticker

It is suggestive anyway :mrgreen:

boatoverloaded.jpg

Just make sure you can get to if quickly if need be. Theres no reason you should have to be able to see it at all times.

Check your local laws. Call the nonemergency number of the nearest sheriff's dept. (or PD that has a marine division) and ask them just to be sure.

Mine is only half viewable since the dealer installed the storage box on the port side. Not sure if it needs to be completely seen, but the box is bolted-in and I'm not planning on moving it.

Older boats never had them to begin with so I'm not sure that they are a necessity.

My 14' boat doesn't have one.