NEED HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cptn Hook

Reaction score
I know it is a bad picture but it is all I can get for right now it is an aluminum boat that is 14 ft I have not seen it in person yet going to go get it tomorrow so I do not know how wide it is guy said "about 6 feet" so I don't think it really 6 ft I am thinking it is maybe 36-40"? By the way I am 15 years figure stuff out decent and got a bit of help with friends and love fishing so looking for ideas and links to good prices etc. I am looking for a easy project under 200 bucks with a deck. Want to put a swivel seat on deck and I am going to put trolling motor in front to. I do not know if I should take out middle seat or make it part of deck.
. Here is picture...
3ne3pc3leZZZZZZZZZ95d59a12a87637c1c59.jpg

the middle seat as in the one that the deck would essentially sit on? no.

Either way, they both need to stay for structural integrity, unless there are ribs up the sides im not seeing

We really need better pics to see the hull ribbing.If the ribs run up the sides then it should be ok to remove the center bench.The benches in the boat appear to be carpeted plywood.Most benches are a lot narrower than that.Decking a boat with a bottom under 42 inches becomes unstable.I really wouldn't deck a boat unless the bottom was wider than 42 inches.V hulls are more unstable even at 48 inches across the bottom.

I am going to go look at it today so I will be able to get some more information on it.

If your gonna want to deck that thing for under $200, that may be a challenge. But not impossible. You will need to scrounge a lot of materials and buy stuff at bargain prices. Check around construction sites for scrap lumber and keep your eye open for aluminum stuff. For example, maybe your neighbor has a broken aluminum ladder that they don't want anymore. You can cut that up for some great stuctural material. At normal prices you'll pay about $100 just for the seat, pedestal and mount. Good plywood will run $30 - $50 a sheet. You will find that the expense for a boat project can mushroom quickly!

It is 42" wide it is not aluminum it is fiber glass middle seats are wood with sowed on red cushions. The floor is divided into four parts, on both sides of the wall on the floor is about 1 inch until it goes into like a trench that is about the same width and then a hump moving up about half an inch flatening out that goes across 2 feet until it goes back down at a slight slant into another trench/rivet and then a flat piece like other side.

Latest posts