1448 Jon Boat cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
Hello again guys, I wanna say thanks for all your help in the past with other issues. Almost got her done and I'll post some pics. I am now looking at getting a cover because i dont want my new seats to get faded. Problem is I have a trolling motor and fishfinder up front and I'm worried if a standard jon boat cover will have enough slack to cover them. I have a 1448 G3, with a 10 hp motor, and I'd like to cover the boat at least. And possibly the motor as well. The boat's in great shape and I'd like to keep it looking good. I've posted some pics of the cover I was looking at as well as my boat. Thanks.

Attachments

• !BTkEmEQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmE-R)BKJGv-oBYw~~_1.JPG
    !BTkEmEQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmE-R)BKJGv-oBYw~~_1.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 1,584
  • 277.jpg
    277.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,584
Nice boat man!

Assuming your seats are removable and you dont mind taking them off during storage, that cover seems like a logical choice. I might be a different story during the winter, unless theres enough room for a pole in the middle to keep snow from caving it in.

Thanks. The boat is actually located in the great state of Alabama(ROLL TIDE), but snow wont be an issue. I'm her in California temporarily in school in the navy. The seats are removable. I'll be getting the cover from cabelas so im sure I can return it if it doesnt fit. Thanks again.

I just bought a 12x20 sun shield tarp for my 1546 boat... I'm using the seat in the front and the trollign motors in the rear as my support. I've got it tied down tight with bungee cords and it seems to be doing pretty good, We're supposed to get a rain shower or 2 this week, so only time will tell.

If it's not raining tonight when I get home, I'll snap a few pics. I only paid $35 for the tarp at tractor supply and they are way overpriced... I just had store credit and had to use it

I have a 2009 lowe 1448 jon boat that is identical to yours including seats,trolling motor,depth finder,etc. I purchased a cover 1 week ago from iboats.com. You get to select make,model,year of your boat and they list the right cover for you. They gave me 2 choices with or without TM,seats,depthfinder. Lots of colors and priced reasonable for a good cover. waterproof, trailerable, and comes with tie downs too. Free shipping. Put it on over the weekend and it fits like a glove. This is my second one from them and i am pleased. hope that helps.

Thats a nice boat. Hey if I am not mistaken, you can take the throttle set screw out of that Nissan 9.9 and make it a 15hp. On some models that is all the needs to be done since it's the same motor.

You may want to look into it..

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Really not happy with my jon cover from Cabelas. It fits alright, but it really doesn't repel that much water - a lot saturates and falls through. I have tried to tent the cover, but it's still getting through. Do they sell spray that will help waterproof the cover more? Thinking of sending it back, we'll see.

Latest posts