newbie questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostFish

Reaction score
When I say newbie I mean newbie. I'm looking around at pictures and videos and this looks fun and rewarding. I have access to river front property and a 12' aluminum row boat, and just bought a motor for it. I was looking into buying my own boat, and maybe a bigger motor.
Now when they say conversions does this mean taking an existing boat and converting it into a bass boat? Is this a true statement?
What is the best type of boat to work with? If I was going to buy something used what would I look for?
Also is there a web site to read and get the basic information in, without becoming a pain in the butt here?
Thanks for any info offered.

:WELCOME:

All the info is right here in the mods section.Yes our boats are mainly cheapo jons converted into a fishing rig.Some are set up for bass fishing.No right or wrong way to do it, only do it in a safe way.In my opinion the best all round boat is a 1448 mod V.It is the same thing as a flat bottom jon with a slight V in the bow.If you are wanting decks you will need a 42 inch bottom and preferably 48 inch bottom or wider.You will need to check your local titling agency to get your local registration regulations.This could be the DMV or DNR.Also some areas have a ban on 2 stroke motors,so you'll need a 4 stroke.Each lake and river have length and max horsepower restrictions,check with the warden or ranger for the info.Most info can be found on state DNR website.

Latest posts