Looking at new hull to Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRE329

Reaction score
vee-green.jpg
STOCK BOAT LAYOUT.JPG
PROPOSED BOAT LAYOUT.JPG

I am thinking about modding a brand new boat hull from Weldbilt boats here in Arkansas. I can purchase this hull (1542 to 1648 in size) from $1300 to $1599. I want to build MY ultimate boat that I plan to have for awhile.

I have a good friend that purchased a G3 gator tuff jon 1652, 2 years ago that had a side console and livewell with a 40 horse motor for $10,800 , no trolling motor or nothing. He has since spent more money to get it how he wants it. I just don't see spending that much money and still not having what you want. This is the hull and proposed layout. The hull is all-welded aluminum , 21 inch sides ,ribs are 2 1/2 inches wide on 13 1/2 inch centers. This thing is built like a tank.

I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts,suggestions and ideas.

Are you getting it from art's? I kept wanting to buy one too but my wife wanted me to get a used boat until it was more in the budget. Boy did she mess up with that! I think i have spent more money making them (the used ones) how i like them.

Yeah Art's marine in NLR. That is kind of what I thought after lurking on here for a while and thinking about what I wanted to do. The way those things are built it just seems it would tooooo easy to perform alot of the mods you see on here.

P.S. I have quit smoking and have been putting the money I would spend on that in a savings account so it won't be long and I will be ready to go.

TRE329 said:
Yeah Art's marine in NLR. That is kind of what I thought after lurking on here for a while and thinking about what I wanted to do. The way those things are built it just seems it would tooooo easy to perform alot of the mods you see on here.

P.S. I have quit smoking and have been putting the money I would spend on that in a savings account so it won't be long and I will be ready to go.

Tell me about it. This is the link to the first boat I did.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7167

I already have another one started. Also, I work about 5 min from art's so it is very easy for me to spend money on my way home.

Latest posts