pics this time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cullen

Reaction score
any adivce would be nice

Attachments

• 243.JPG
    243.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 729
  • 242.JPG
    242.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 729
Advice... I would deffinetly stay away from any high decking. The pictures show a boat that will very unstable the higher up you are. Not much different from my boat I just finished up. I went with pretty much simple flooring as low as I could keep it and seats mounted only the 5/8" thickness of plywood above the factory bench seats. It can still be a nice boat but will never be stable platform standing fishing boat.

LarryA said:
Advice... I would deffinetly stay away from any high decking. The pictures show a boat that will very unstable the higher up you are. Not much different from my boat I just finished up. I went with pretty much simple flooring as low as I could keep it and seats mounted only the 5/8" thickness of plywood above the factory bench seats. It can still be a nice boat but will never be stable platform standing fishing boat.

Exactly what I would do too!

Great looking boat. With a nice simple floor and comfortable seating...You will notice a world of difference.

Just found this forum. Here is a pic of my boat. I have since "finished" the back half but have not taken any new pics. It matches the front. I would agree that you don't want to deck it too high. I've had mine out in all sorts of conditions and it handles great and is plenty stable.

boat00.jpg

either right at the top of the seats or just below will be fine for deck height.

As far as removing the center bench - you can do it, but I wouldn't recommend it because you will lose the support of keeping the boat keep its form...

I've been in boat man... I had a 1236, and just upgraded to a 1546 - both are flat bottoms and handled good in the electric only waters I fish. I fish in one lake that allows gas motors, but I still did fine.

I think V bottoms cut through waves a lot better - so it might help if we know what kind of waters you are fishing.

ponds small creek channels i love my boat it fishs alright but want it more comfortable storage higher seats ect needs to be safe my 12 year old goes with me

Latest posts