1436 Floor Curved from Side to Side

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJBrown

Reaction score
I picked up a 1436 today and started tearing everything down that needs to be removed. I notice that the floor was not flat. It has an arche in it that goes from side to side. I would say it rises two inches in the middle. Anyone have a way to straighten this out? I am planning on floor decking between back and middle seat and would think i need to start with a pretty flat surface.

I will post them this evening. Was going to take a few snap shots last night but the storms rolled in before i got outside.

I would assume the same thing about the reason it is bowed up. It is a 3 seater 14'er and it is only bowed behind the first bench all the way to the back. Will post pictures tonight. Thanks

Sounds like somebody used it to stand on or stack something on while it was flipped upside down.

I had a 14' once that I got for free after the original owner stood on it while upside down and buckled the hull enough to split it immediately in front of the transom.

Here is a picture i took this evening. I did manage to get the bow out of them. I placed a 2x4 under each side and worked the bow down checking it with a level side to side. It turned out pretty good. This is a before picture!

JonBoat009.jpg