In Search of Whale Fish On the MirroCraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
My crew consisted of Mr. Fish (for obvious reasons) and c0-captain Matt (aka Gamefisher). we departed at 1st light and made it to the lake only to find signs informing us that a bike race would shut down the main road at 7 am. No problem, it was only 6 am so we were in the clear - at least we thought.

We launched the boat in sharp order - everything looked to be ready to slay a mighty whale bass (or muskie, whatever. . . . ). I tie up to a nearby dock to warm the engine and realize that I left the ignition key at home. Matt then notices a healthy stream of water shooting up from the bottom of the hull and declares 'you have a leak." We pull the boat back on the trailer and proceed to haul it back to my house (about 15 minutes away)

Well, as i said, the road was closing at 7 am. We retrieved the ignition key and fixed the leak with a small SS machine screw and rubber washers. Back to the lake to find a place to launch - well the lake has three launches and all were closed because of the bike race. We poked around and found a launch that we never used before - by now it is almost 8 am.

On the way to launch the boat for the second time I get a call from Mr. Fish – we left him at the original launch spot to fish around the docks while Matt and I fixed the boat. He was a little excited and told me he hooked a real big smallie that popped the hook at the bank. Famous last words “At least the fish are biting.”

I launched the boat and it was fine – no leaks, started right up and we speed off down the lake at a nice clip. I forgot how fast that little boat ran! Picked up Mr. Fish and for the rest of the day we tried different areas and techniques without a single bite.

At least the boat works!

Maybe you guys need to be attached to firm ground,to catch them nice fish.
Lost your mojo out there,I'm sure you guys will find it though.
Ya and this thread needs pics.

Captain Ahab said:
...and realize that I left the ignition key at home.
So, will hiding a spare key on the boat become a priority now?

Captain Ahab said:
At least the boat works!

Annnnnnd, you had the company of 2 other friends on the lake with you fishing, right?

MikeA57 said:
Captain Ahab said:
...and realize that I left the ignition key at home.
So, will hiding a spare key on the boat become a priority now?

Captain Ahab said:
At least the boat works!

Annnnnnd, you had the company of 2 other friends on the lake with you fishing, right?

No spare key - but I will get one made

and as far as the company - I think they ruined my Mojo - more like two guys who bitched about stuff like the boat leaking and me forgetting the key :lol: :lol:

Zum said:
Ya and this thread needs pics.

I think this pic sums up ESQUIREDS incoherent ramblings perfectly!!!

seedy+skunk+5748.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
Famous last words “At least the fish are biting.”

If ANYBODY says this in my boat before we are at the DFS (Designated Fishing Spot) I immediately stop the boat, throw that person overboard and keel haul 'im to the DFS. I even had to do it to myself twice. It was tough pushing that boat all that way...

Mike

Latest posts