I need plans and ideas to mod my 1232 alumacraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frizz1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im a kid and my parents bought me a 1232 alumacraft jon boat and i am going to need some plans and ideas. it is in great condition. i want to make a deck on it and have a livewell. if you have any ideas and plans that would be great.

please send pictures if you can.

thanks

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 821
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 821
I agree, dont think you need to add anything other than a floor. Use a cooler for a live well, bucket for a bait well.

yeah flat floor only, at most you could deck the stern area just to give you some storage, but i wouldn't stand on it. and you could work some storage hatches into the benches, i'm sure there is foam in there but you can remove all or some of it, and you could put more foam under the floors. it only helps with floating the boat if it swamps, so it may seem like a waste space until it does swamp, then you'll find it mighty handy. :lol:

Might want to get some guide-ons for the trailer,makes loading alot easier.
Looks like you already have seats...maybe a trolling motor/battery and a coole, like already mentioned and your good to go.
Have fun...and how old is a kid?

Nice and simple as it is. Mom and Dad rock! Just as everyone else says, put a floor in it and a cooler. You could put a box frame in for the cooler where the middle seat is but be sure to connect the box fram to both side of the boat to keep the support. If you are good with electrical you could run it for a fish finder, trolling motor and running lights with a battery compartment up front. Nice set up!

Waterwings said:
Welcome Aboard, and nice rig! I'd recommend just putting a flat floor in the bottom of the boat as it's kinda narrow to be decking it too high, which could present stability problems.

well why cant i have a casting deck, i really want 1 and i can even out the stabilitty. cant i?

the problem is that your center of gravity will be to high and the boat has a greater chance of rolling over when you are standing on a raised deck. the boat being only 32 inches wide dont give enough stability on the water so unless you are allways going to stand perfectly in the center of the deck it is not recomended because once you step off center the boat is going to want to roll. be safe and just do the floor. add a depth finder a trolling motor some lights a cooler live well it is still a great boat and has a lot of things you can do to it just look through this forum you will get alot of helpful hints and great ideas.

That boat is awesome as is! If anything at all you might consider putting a carpeted floor in flat on the bottom. And keep a cooler with a circulating pump and a spraybar for a livewell. You are way ahead in the game with a nice boat like that at a young age. :D

My advice.... go fishing in it!!