transom question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
Hey all, on this boat I got, I need to rebuild the transom. I have talked to a guy at work that has a V-hull alum. Boat and has had to re do his transom a couple of times. Seems that he has tried various ways and it still takes on water and starts to rot starting around the boltholes he puts in it.

I am not sure if this is a better idea or not but tell me what you think. If I cut the wood to proper size and when I drill the holes, fill the holes with Glass resin then re-drill the holes to the proper size after I glass the transom, it would seal the holes from the inside and not allow the water to soak in to the transom from that point either.

Do you think this will work or is there a better way to do this? Open to suggestions, for those of you that read my introduction in the watering hole, you know that I am new here and this is my first boat.

I am open to any and all suggestions so feel free to throw information at me.

Thanks in advance.

Wolf.

cathunter21 said:
seal the holed with 3m 5200. the only problem you will have with that is if you get some on your hands. :lol:

Could take it a step further by spraying some water sealer in there, letting it dry then putting some 5200 in and the bolting it up. Then keep it dry until cured and it should be sealed completely.

ober51 said:
cathunter21 said:
seal the holed with 3m 5200. the only problem you will have with that is if you get some on your hands. :lol:

Could take it a step further by spraying some water sealer in there, letting it dry then putting some 5200 in and the bolting it up. Then keep it dry until cured and it should be sealed completely.

BINGO!

TELL HIM WHAT HE WINS JIM!

:LOL22:

ben2go said:
ober51 said:
cathunter21 said:

BINGO!

TELL HIM WHAT HE WINS JIM!

:LOL22:

The right to register my boat?

Latest posts