remove middle seat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larlarsa

Reaction score
i have a boat simmiler to this one.i want to remove the middle seat and than use some angle to refoce the middle of the hull like the picture at the bottom,add a plywood on top to made the floor.do you guys think that's storng enought to refoce the hull without the middle seat??

Attachments

• 8124.jpg
    8124.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_1244-1.jpg
    IMG_1244-1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 678
If you add the almuminum like that it would be fine - but I would strongly suggest putting a few ribs going up the sides along the way - that will help with flex. You can put them on the top of the plywood, but I really think you need it

Your boat is like the top picture?
If that picture is of an original boat,the seat looks like it may be holding the sides from tacoing.Looks like you would have to run a few braces(ribs) up the side.Floor looks pretty tight already,unless something is missing from the picture.
If your boat is like the second picture...looks good to go.

the picture from the top was cap from other post,but my boat is the same design or they are same brand.
i dont know ,maybe look like this.

Attachments

• IMG_1244-11.JPG
    IMG_1244-11.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 625
The floor already seems solid.
Your loosing the top bracing for your sides,maybe just acouple braces from the side to the new floor would be good.

Latest posts