catamaran style one man bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boathauler32

Reaction score
I recently came across a 8'long, 5' wide catamaran style sail boat (w/o sail) . My plan is to mount 2 electric motors on the inside of the cats without the posts , one battery on each side and a seat on a swivel. Without my fat butt on it, the boat should weigh around 200 pounds. I was wondering how hard it is to wire in two foot controls to the motors.

Your comments and input is appreciated.
Thanks, Rob

I finally got the boat. The trailer is kinda overkill, but its what i have

Attachments

• DSCF0411 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0411 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,449
  • DSCF0412 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0412 (Small).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 4,451
Looks like it will make a really nice bass platform. I bet you will be able to stand up and cast no problem.

And, the wind should not push that "no profile" platform much at all.

Good idea 8)

John Jones from Jones Trolling Motor Service would be the guy I would talk to about wiring one foot pedal to control two motors. If it can be done he'll know how to do it. Two pedals for two motors could get confusing while trying to fish and troll at the same time.

https://www.jonestrollingmotor.com/

I am looking to use two foot controlers to run the boat because there will be no rudders, it will steer like a twin inboard boat

Im gonna catamakickyourass next time u see me, oh, then im not gonna let you use the boat.

by the way, that was good, i give ya that

boathauler32 said:
I am looking to use two foot controlers to run the boat because there will be no rudders, it will steer like a twin inboard boat

I have enough problems sometimes running one foot control, but I'm not real coordinated lately anyway, lol. Would it be easier to have one tiller-type control handle connected between the two trolling motors, whereas they turn simultaneously in-sync?

There was a place in town here that used to sell those mini-pontoons, and about the same price as shown on the website you provided. I don't think the guy sold many/any and no longer carries them. They are cool though! :)

I've got a lot of expierence operating some large twin engine boats. I thing with just a little practice (training my feet instead of my hands) i'll have it down in no time. I plan on starting work on it in january, just as soon as business slows down. (i move boats...)

Instead of two controls - why not just tie the two trolling motors together much like twin outboard are configured? You could mount dual throttle controls so you can pivot the boat and have a single directional control with one TM acting as the master and one just a slave.

I can see using some aluminum angle bar to mount this set up

6561860-0-large.jpg

1-fm_2Eng2Cyl.gif

Well, right now i have a whole slew of ideas running through my head, and i like your idea, I can kinda see it in my head. hopefully some time after the hollidays i will get to sit down , draw it out , make myself a parts list and start working

Boathauler - I am sure you are familiar with this system (Dual outboards), but for those who are not stop a marina and take a look at a boat set up that way. The steering for the twin OB motors is hydraulic, but for twin TM you could go mechanical

This morning while talking to Boathauler he stated "I should have it done before winter is over".......... I am so cofident he wont have it done even before the start of spring (march 21st) that ill put up a NEW BASSIN' SETUP (not to excede $75 bucks) if he is 100% done according to his plans by this date