Bring on those Somali Pirates, I dare ya! Update - July 4th

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Anti theft, anti pirate, anti aligator gar, anti jet ski. (discorages tailgating as well) :lol:
IMG002231.jpg

After installing some lights in the boat I ran out of thing to do so I created somthing. This is what happens when my wife goes shopping. (no adult supervision = equals things go BOOM!)

The bore is kind of rough, about an inch an a quarter. I have a bore sleeve insert from another project that would work for it that is .78 caliber. Not sure about making it totaly funtionaly though. Mostly put it on there for conversation & such. Could be fun though. Doubt the ore lock it is mounted to would stand up to the recoil.

Tell ya what, lets take a vote:
Funtional ? Yes / No.

lol if you really got that functional, well id just be speachless in amazement, not to mention that would be the coolest thing i'd ever seen and you'd have to make me one

i vote yes, because you never know what a feller can do :mrgreen:

OK, you talked me in to it. Will work on it this week, maybe have it done in time to make some noise on the 4th. I'll keep ya posted and continue to document the progress :D .

What about a mortar? Machinist at work made a beer can mortar last year, shoots a concrete filled beer can around 600 yards. Wonder what that would do to the floor?

Jamie

No thanks on the co horn beer mortar. However here is an update on yesterdays progress. Just for giglles I tapped a touch hole for the powder. Then I clamped it down in small vice attached to a saw horse. Load about 2 oz of 3F black powder. Added a some paper wadding and about 1/2 handfull of BB's. 4 inches of cannon fuse and 50 ft of distance and BOOM she went. Will repeat over the weekend and video.

I don't think I will use the in barrel insert unless I find some stress cracks on the breach. I'll keep updateing.

OK. It is working reliably now. I shot the video with my phone so its crappy gonna get the wife to shoot another that will be better. Here is a picture of the aftermath of the smoke screen.
BBry032-2.jpg

On another note, you gotta love cooking out.
steak.jpg

The fish weren't biting so we moved to "Other" 4th activities:

4-13-08014.jpg

4-13-08029.jpg

4-13-08033.jpg

Jeep got stuck!
4-13-08040.jpg

I got him out,did my ggod deed for the day.

BBry019.jpg
4-13-08016.jpg

l_bd6797ad7c5ffb92efffda24387bb6d4.jpg

FUN!

man I wish my blazer was still running... i miss playin in the mud!

Thanks for the pics! It brought back some great memories

We had our fare share of fun. :lol: Almost everyone got stuck as least once & my friend in the 80's model chevy 4x4 had a small tree jump right out in front of him. He's gonna need a bumper, headlights assembly, and right fender. The kid in the red jeep popped one of his fender flares off playing dukes of hazzard with a culvert. The red toyota went swimmimng, twice! The olive jeep broke his 4x4 shifter linkage. The white jeep went swiming and fried his starter. Me and "Hank" (grey super crew) came out unscatehd by the heathen mud pits. Gonna take a week getting all the mud off though. :!: