Hello TinBoats! Newbie here...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alumifisher

Reaction score
Wow!! I can't believe this site exists!! What a great collection of information regarding our little boats!!

I'll post pics at of my boat at some point...although, it is completely unmodified right now.

I do have a question for you guys, if you don't mind.

I have an Allumacraft 1436 w/a 15hp Johnson and it rides on a little McClain trailer that has the small 4-lug wheels
with the 4.8x8 tires (I think). Anyway, where the bow of the boat meets the trailer, I seem to have done something wrong because I caused a small 3-inch crack to form just behind where the winch connects to the boat. Is this a common area
to crack? Is there something I can do to prevent this - maybe have a small aluminum plate welded to the front to protect the
bow area? Anyone had this problem before?

Hmmmm, that was more than "a question"! :)

Thanks very much for any help and thanks for such an awesome website!!!

-John

:WELCOME:

Yes it is common for that area to crack if not supported well.You can back the winch hook eye with a larger piece of aluminum and use fender washers under the nuts.Also try a better bow stop on your winch post.Check these out. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5872&start=0&hilit=bow+stop

Welcome to the site.. I am building a 1988 alumicraft 1457 which is really measured 1436. I dont know why they did the model number like that..Good little boat so far..Check out my thread on the conversion.. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8876

Thanks, ben2go! The bow stop looks like the solution to my problem. The one that I currently have is
a "V" shape and it focuses the force into that one area and has caused a crack. At least, that is what appears
to have happened.

Nice mods, Cyberflexx! Our boats are very similar. Mine has no mods yet and my rail is round tubing. Also, yours looks like
it has storage under the front seat. My front seat is filled with foam.

Alumifisher said:
Thanks, ben2go! The bow stop looks like the solution to my problem. The one that I currently have is
a "V" shape and it focuses the force into that one area and has caused a crack. At least, that is what appears
to have happened.

Nice mods, Cyberflexx! Our boats are very similar. Mine has no mods yet and my rail is round tubing. Also, yours looks like
it has storage under the front seat. My front seat is filled with foam.

You're welcome.Glad I could help.

Latest posts