New front deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmonte67

Reaction score
I redid my front deck this week - and man what a difference! All I had up front was a small bench as you can see in the very bottom small photo when I modded her last summer, the first 2 is how I found her, she was an empty shell with a strong running 5 1/2 hp Johnson Seahorse- that boat has come a long way! Now I have three seats instead of just the rear and middle one. Took her out with a buddy yesterday-sooo much more room! Gotta wear that new carpet in to match the rest of the boat! Lol. D. 8)

Attachments

• th_frontcarpet.jpg
    th_frontcarpet.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 752
  • qw.jpg
    qw.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 752
  • jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 752
  • nn.jpg
    nn.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 752
  • vv.jpg
    vv.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 752
  • qe.jpg
    qe.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 752
  • qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 752
  • qr.jpg
    qr.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 752
  • th_500.jpg
    th_500.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 745
  • th_500deal.jpg
    th_500deal.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 745
Oh man Russ, what a big difference! When I modded her last year, I just put in a rear and middle seat. It worked fine, but you had to watch your buddies casting and your own! Now theres a ton of room. My $500.00 investment was so worth it last summer -and finding this website! D. 8)

how wide is your boat ? i"m doing a 14 ft v hull now worring bout stabillity

If you ever decide to put a foot control trolling motor on it, you should look into getting an offset seat pedestal... it will give you a lot more room to work the foot control as opposed to being directly on top of it with what you have now up there for a pedestal

Yea those offset seat pedestals are nice. I spent 250 on my new 55lb. minn kota last fall, so it will be awhile- probably next boat, before I splurge on the foot pedal model. As for the width I think around 58 inches, its a pretty wide semi-v compared to some I've seen. The stability is fine as long as you don't get stupid and start jumping all over the boat. Lol! I've had no problems with 2 adults in the boat at all. D. 8)

Hit on the link below and go to the middle of the page and hit the "slideshow pic" for transformation! These were taken last summer before I added the front seat/deck this week. A lotta sweat! But alot of fun! D. 8) https://photobucket.com/Delmonte67

You did a nice job on this mod. Looks good. I am assuming that isn't you sitting on that front deck? lol

Looks good. You did a fine job. Can you give me some info about your anchor set-up? I can't tell what you're using in the front. And is that just a ring on the side? Ever use it in any current?
Thanks

Tunnels, basically I have an anchor on the front and one on the back- both river style anchors (I think thats what they're called) both have "rope locks" mounted at both ends of the boat, which makes it a hell of alot easier when pulling in anchor rope and looping it. I fish alot of local lakes, resevoirs, I mostly use my 55 lb. Minn Kota which is perfect for cruising, but on the larger "gas" lakes I slap on my Johnson Seahorse gas motor. Have'nt fished any rivers yet. Make it easy on yourself and put big steel clips on the ends of your anchor ropes so you can take the anchors off easy, and put them in rear storage when you're on the road instead of them clanging against your boat. Hope I helped! D. 8)

Latest posts