Steel flex.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxidermist

Reaction score
I saw somewhere that a prson on here was looking at putting steel flex on the inside of the boat.

Dont that stuff is slicker than greased goose poop. I just loaded the boat on the trailer with ease, I had a pretty thin coat onthe boat bottom and it slides on the bunks so easy!!! Before I could hardly move it, cant wait to run it on the river!!

thanks for the info... I know from pictures of boats painted with that, it looked like glass... now I know it's that slick as well

Having an old boat and had to leave town, then coming back this evening and rerigging for tomorrow, you still dread the idea of sliding a 22ft long jon boat off the bunks!!! With this stuff is so stinking easy, I am a beatup old fart with a really bad back and this is like I said greaded goose poop, slick!!!

I applied it with a brush and dont have the little divets that a roller might have left.... I can't wait until tomorrow at the river!!!

Alrighty now!! Been out on the river two trips with the boat and this Steel flex is awesome, I can slide over a limb like its nothing. also the boat will almost self launch. Easy to push the final bit up on the trailer. Slips over rocks like there are nothing!!!!!!!!!

Wish I had done this years ago!!!

even on calmer water I can feel the difference in how it slides through the water.

Good stuff!

How much does the Steelflex run price wise, before shipping of course, I am contemplating putting this on my boat?

ohm said:
How much does the Steelflex run price wise, before shipping of course, I am contemplating putting this on my boat?

I think around 40 bucks or so - costs about 60-65 shipped to my door in NJ.

I used two, two pint units on the bottom of my boat. Since its riveted I used PC-11 Marine epoxy on the rivets after bucking all of them. I am really happy right now with the Steel Flex on th ebottom, I skim over logs and limbs and rocks like nothing is there.

Dont totally unhook your boat before backing down the ramp. my boat auto unloads now!!! easiest to load its ever been.

My Wife even noticed how much easier it slide thru the water.

I think I have $85.00 including shipping of the 2, 2pint units to the shop in Arkansas.

Man it is great stuff.

Just came in from another trip on White river, I wish I had done this years ago!!

JOhn

Cool, I might look into doing it sometime, probably not this year but next, still have to spend a bit still to get it into the water first.