Well I pulled the trigger; finally

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wscruiser

Reaction score
After looking and pricing so many boat packages that it was starting to become confusing to me, I agreed to purchase a boat tonight.

I had just about made up my mind to give up the search and go to A K McCallum on Saturday and buy a new 1448MV boat and trailer. I gave the local Craigslist a final check last night before going to bed, and something caught my eye. It had just been listed and sounded like something I may be interested in. I called the seller first thing this morning for some more info, and went to look at it tonight. I was pleasently suprised with what I found. After looking and talking for a while, we agreed on a price and I'll pick it up on Saturday.

Oh, what did I buy? A 2005 Triton 1446 Crappie boat, Triton trailer, with a 15hp Merc 4-stroke electric start motor.

The outfit was purchased new in 2008 (dealer leftover stock). I has had less than 4 tanks of fuel (3.5 gallon tanks) ran thru it. It has always been stored inside and looks brand new. The previous owner has just put a new Minn Kota trolling motor and fish finder on it, serviced the engine, and purchased a boat cover for it. I got it for $4000. I feel like that is a very good price considering the outfits condition.

I'll post some pics when I get it home.

You're going to love that boat, and it sounds like you got it for a steal! Can't wait to see pics!

I got curious so I went a lookin. Is this it: https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/boa/1258648630.html

If so, its 15' and looks sweet!

If it makes you happy, and you're happy with the boat, it's a good deal!

I would be happy with that buy for sure! I'm almost jealous... ok i'm lying, alumacrafts are my favorite, but I love my 1546 Xpress now too..

Looks like you got a heck of a deal. Congrats! 8)

thumb_thumbs_up_pic.jpg

wscruiser said:
ober51 said:
I got curious so I went a lookin. Is this it: https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/boa/1258648630.html

If so, its 15' and looks sweet!

Yes that is it. So, did I get as good of a deal as I think?

Well you said 14' I thought, "Good, fair deal." When I found out its an extra foot and looked **** near mint, I thought, "Very good deal, advantage buyer."

FishingBuds said:
We see the economy's not stopping you =D>

Great boat :D

Trying to do my best to stimulate the economy. But, actually I had sold a motorcycle a few months ago and stuck some of the money back just in case a deal came along.

wscruiser said:
Well I pulled the trigger; finally and shot myself in the foot

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:LMFAO: :LMFAO: :LMFAO: :LMFAO: :LMFAO:

Just messin with ya.

That's a great boat.I almost dropped $6000 on a 16 foot Tracker with front stick steering set up on a 15HP 4 stroke Merc.It was a brand new boat,motor,and trailer.It was left over from 2007.No one in my area seems to like stick steering.Whish I had bought it.It looked a lot like the one you bought.

Latest posts