New here, just picked up a 2000 Lowe 18 FT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunslikeaSwissWatch

Reaction score
Hi all :D

Just picked up an 18' with a 50 HP johnson for walleye fishing here in michigan. Couple questions, This boat had been sitting for awhile, which is ok, except what are the basic things I should check over on the motor? It runs great, but I am wondering if cetain things need to be checked before I take her to the lake. Also, I just came back from Bass Pro Shops(that place is a hazzard to me) and spent too much money!! But I did pick up 6 side mount rod holders and I plan on using them to troll with/inline planar boards. Do I have to mount these right through the side of the boat? Or can I somehow clamp them on? I really dont want to drill holes through the side, but I will if I have too. Me and the extended family are gonna have alot of fun with this boat, and hopefully catch some fish!! Cya! Don

100_2335.jpg

100_2336.jpg

100_2337.jpg

100_2338.jpg

Welcome to the site.
Nice boat,how long was the outboard sitting?
Looks like you already had it running?Did it have a good cooling stream?
Other then that,if you had it running(for awhile)it should be good to go maybe don't plan a big trip for your first time on the water,just incase something arises.
Both boat and outboard look well cared for.
Did you look(change) at the the lower unit oil?

Yes, it has a great stream of water coming out of the hose, out of the motor cover. So I think the water pump is ok. I did not know about the oil in the lower unit, will have to check that. Where can I find a manual for the motor? Do they have online manuals for these?

Latest posts