Boat and prop question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcatfan

Reaction score
Bought a new G3 1860 center console with a 90hp Yamaha 4 stroke. Had the dealer install a stainless steel prop. I'm about halfway through the break-in period. Limited runs at full throttle I'm only getting 33mph by GPS.
Dealer installed a SOLAS 13 x 21 prop.
I was expecting low 40's, No tach on the boat but it doesn't sound like the engine is turning up.
Anyone have any experience with this set-up? What is the correct prop?

No tach on a center console???? That should have been standard on a boat/motor that size.
Put a tach on, you'll never know for sure what is going on without one.

We have an 18' tunnel with the same motor at our office, I am not sure we are getting much more than 30 out of it but I will check with the CO that drives it the most.

The 17' boat in my sig has a 90hp Merc. 2 stroke but came rigged with the same exact prop. It ran 44mph @ over 6k rpm with it.

I loved the hole shot and mid range, set you back in the seat throttle response but it wasn't a big enough prop for my setup.

It's hard to say what you have going on but my 90 spun that prop over 500 rpm above recommended.

Thanks for the help. Got an email response from Yamaha.
correct prop is 13 1/2 x 15 with motor set in 2nd set of holes from the top.

G3 does not provide a gauge package except fuel level, for the Gator Jon. Dealer offered it as an option for $450 plus labor but said I shouldn't need it.

thanks again.

Latest posts