dragging home...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the metal poles mount to anything? The vertical ones from the seat do they just clamp on to the tube or do they also have a screw running into the floor pole? This one needs the small wood floor replaced and some screws are missing in the poles. its dark no so no photos until tomorrow.

Removed the old piece of water logged plywood in the floor and hosed her down then put her in the basement. Need to repair the front seat...Other pic in my album.
normal_crawdad1.jpg

normal_crawdadtitle.jpg

Mine was a pristine 1984 :LOL2:

All I did was put a 28x28 front carpeted floor in the front and a 30x30 floor in the rear, resting right on top of the poles. That way I could take them off if needed. I then put wooden seat base with pipe clamps lined with felt. That worked great IMO. Mounted to foldable seats and we are good to go.

Having some problems registering boat as always here in kentucky, if the last own listed doesn't respond my 100 dollar find may end up costing me 100 more for new title! I don't like the dmv in ky :-/

First I took the boat apart cause it smelled weird and was still heavy after removing the old water logged plywood. I found the flotation foam was soaked with water. Each block of foam weighs around 10 pounds!

All i'm doing to this thing is replacing the small wood floor, replacing wood transom, and building new front seat. I already ordered the 1 inch aluminum tubing to create a new seat mount. Hoping my father-in-law can show me how to correctly bend aluminum tubing.

Anyone have a link to place online selling material to make new foam, the place in town here that sold it before went out of business.
normal_IMG_2881.JPG

normal_IMG_2882.JPG

Bought all the items I need to have her ready again total on supplies $47 dollars. Some plywood, screws, and aluminum tubing.

Currently taking a break after working on creating a new piece of seat tubing that was broken. I've got half of one side bent to the correct angle. (Note I called coleman and they don't make seat kits anymore!)
normal_IMG_2911.JPG

Old broken support is on the bottom....
normal_IMG_2912.JPG

After talking with some folks I built a small mini jig to made the curve after heating tubing up. Took about 1/2 hour on the first side....

Finished the new seat bar!
normal_IMG_2918.JPG

Also cut out some floor from plywood and put on a coat of water proofing.
normal_IMG_2917.JPG

Task remaining:

Couple more coat of water proofer. Cut out new Transom wood. Mount seat tops. Give boat a good cleaning.

Don't you love when people buy a boat and never register it and then sell it. I'm going though that now waiting for the "real" previous owner to mail the bill of sale back

fishinchef said:
Don't you love when people buy a boat and never register it and then sell it. I'm going though that now waiting for the "real" previous owner to mail the bill of sale back

You're lucky you have that, I bought a bought that was auctioned off by CT state, neither one of the previous 2 owners registered it, and the state no longer has any paperwork. I had to pay 175 for a title service and havent gotten any papers yet.

fishinchef said:

I'm glad it happen that way now the "real" previous owner seems to be a nice guy. He was glad to hear the boat will be back on the water and told me about its history he fished small lakes and won some bass tournaments with it. He bought it new from Kmart.