Finally got my 14 footer.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenny

Reaction score
After checking craigslist for months, I finally found this one about 2 miles from my house:

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0051-1.jpg

Its a 197ish 14 ft Alumacraft. Only paid $200.00 for her with all the paperwork! The trailer was throw in for free. I was thinking about fixing her up but it ain't worth it. Too much rust.

Here is the topic: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9400

I was wondering if I could fit a 25hp on her. Here are some pics of the transom. I plan on redoing the transom but there is no rating plate and I was wondering before I trade motors.

Here are some pics:

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

I plan on doing all the good stuff to this boat but I really want to get a motor and a better trailer.
Any tips or advise would be great!

Good look boat to start from.... Glad we got plenty of people on here starting projects..

Have you had her out on the water yet?

I have a 25 hp Mariner on my 14x36 Jon. The original wood on the transom was 1" thick, 12" tall by 48" wide. I replaced this this with two pieces of 1/2 plywood with a 1x6 oak board all glued and screwed together. The 14 bolts that held the transom in place where replaced with SS 1/4 bolts.

If you redo the transom,I believe she'll hold 25HP.I would get rid of all that crusty rusty steel and use stainless and aluminum parts in their place.That trailer isn't in that bad of shape.It was free.Throw about $200 to $250 into it and have a really great trailer cheap.If I was closer I'd make an offer.

What I want to know is how you got it home without the right side hub.

I am fairly sure that boat is rated for 40 hp.

bassboy1 said:
What I want to know is how you got it home without the right side hub.

I loaded the boat into the bed of the truck for the first trip, then the trailer in the bed of the truck for the second trip.

I've went to take a look at some cheap used trailers and all of them have some kind of problem. So I'll just fix the trailer I got.