duroboat good or bad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a old 12 foot aluminum semi v that is to small for my family to use comfortably and am looking to up grade to a bigger boat i have looked at smoker craft and lund and duroboats and am leaning towards the duroboat 16 because of the higher splash well as i will be fishing the puget sound in WA and lakes and rivers in deeper areas anybody have any experience with this

:WELCOME:

I have never heard of those.You being in the area you are in,I would go for something in a V hull with high sides and a splash well.Long shaft transom IMHO is a must in an area that will get swells and heavy chop.

the 16 duroboat i am looking at has a 20 inch transom and a full width splash well that from the picture looks like it comes up a little higher than the transom the beam is listed at 76 inches and the bow depth is 39 inches hull weight 400 lbs, recomended hp 25-40, cap 5. oh and from the picture the sides just in front of the transom look like they are maybe 4-6 inches higher than the transom. their 15 walk through model has a flat deck of 56 inches x 84 inches so i would think that the 16 would be close to that.

Latest posts