What is this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Ok in make fiekld on the titke it says Flatbottom. Thats all. I would like to know what the actual make is. Here is the description 1970 1542 MOD-V. The transon is 25". It originally had three bench seat and the bow platform. Has one off set transon brace. Here is a couple or pictures.
IMG00234.jpg

IMG00231.jpg

IMG00239.jpg

IMG00236.jpg

There is a vin plate on the rear and up on the bow platform there is another with the length, 1542 and the weight / HP rating. But no make info. Any Ideas???? :?:

You can search the HIN number online. The first few digits will name the manufacturer believe. I'll have to do a search and see if I can find the site again.

I am going to guess that you have a 1970 DURACRAFT 1542 or 1442 MV, forget how long you said the boat is.

Why Duracraft? The gunnels of the Duracraft, were made to hang their accessories on. consisted of a slot, fore and aft and an oval folllowing that towrard the inside of the gunnel.

In that one picture if you will look at the top front of the middle bench you can see the bracket that Duracraft came out with so you can easily add and remove the seat. Later there was an after market for the seat bracket. Go to Bass Pro site and call up part number 38-567-827-00 , under boating accessories, and you will be able to see and understand how it works better than trying to figure it out from that picture of the boat.

War Eagle boat are made by I think its now the 4th Generation of Wards and you will notice that on the flatbottom boat they have basically the same type of gunnel (has been changed just a bit, but still basically the same) as well as see the seat brackets mounted on the front of the bench seats.

The Duracraft of that era are great boats. I have been using a 1986 1542 mv since it came out, and I have had no problems or complaints with it. If I were going to buy a new boat today, it would be a War Eagle, considering its still the same family building them as were the old Duracraft.
Let me know if you are still in doubt and I will take a pic or w of mine and post them later

My brother and I have essentially the same boat, a Duracraft 1542. We removed the middle seat and the side steering setup. The boat started off in a similar condition to yours. I assume the 74 in the VIN number is the year of manufacture. I've been adding decks and a floor over the past month. I'll start on the sides this weekend. I don't have the decks and floor attached yet. I'm waiting to complete the wiring of the lights, bilge pump and trolling motor first.

Kurt

IMG_2523.jpg

Kurt Loup said:
My brother and I have essentially the same boat, a Duracraft 1542. We removed the middle seat and the side steering setup. The boat started off in a similar condition to yours. I assume the 74 in the VIN number is the year of manufacture. I've been adding decks and a floor over the past month. I'll start on the sides this weekend. I don't have the decks and floor attached yet. I'm waiting to complete the wiring of the lights, bilge pump and trolling motor first.

That is going to be a nice rig once you're finished with it.

I admire you guys that can take a POS boat that has long been given up for dead and rework them into nice rigs like that. =D>

Latest posts